16

When Hoseok arrived at Yoongi's flat on Thursday, he was surprised to see that his friend was already dressed and waiting in the kitchen with a cigarette in his hand.

"Wow, you're up," Hoseok said as he came in and took a seat opposite him, "What's the occasion?"

Yoongi shrugged and took another puff on his cigarette, "I was awake," He narrowed his eyes when he saw Hoseok staring at him, "What?"

"You seem different, Yoongz,"

Yoongi pulled his bottom lip into his mouth and chewed on it before he took a deep breath, "I played last night," He said, looking down at his fingers, "I unlocked the room and I played,"

Hoseoks face lit up, "Are you serious? Yoongi, I'm so proud of you! I knew getting you into teaching was a good idea!"

Yoongi shook his head, "It's not the teaching, Hoseok. I had a dream yesterday about... About Isabella. I remembered that I promised to keep playing, and when I woke up I made myself something to eat, and it made me cry,"

Sitting patiently, Hoseok listened to Yoongi talk. He didn't want to interrupt when he was clearly slightly uncomfortable with telling him about his emotions.

"It made me realise," Yoongi said, still looking down "That I hadn't let her go," He looked at his friend with sad eyes, "I was holding on so tightly to her, that I couldn't even live. It's still painful, Hobi," He said softly, making Hoseoks eyes open widely at the use of his old nickname, "But I want to live, for her,"

Hoseok got to his feet and walked quickly to Yoongis side. With a cry, he threw his arms around his friends body, holding him tightly as he cried. Yoongi squeezed his eyes closed and hugged him back, his own tears making wet tracks down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Hobi," He sobbed quietly, "I'm sorry, Izzy. I'm sorry,"

"I'm so glad you have you back," Hoseok wailed, "I've got my best friend back!"

After  both of the men had composed themselves, Yoongi stuffed his feet into his old converse and they headed to the university for Hoseoks lecture. Once it had finished, Yoongi watched as the students filtered out of the room. He got to his feet and headed to Hoseok, who was also packing up.

"I'm done for the day," He said, "I'm going to check on a few violinists, then I've got to start organising the concert,"

Yoongi couldn't help but notice that Hoseok was looking very lively, "And then you're going to see Bee?" He asked.

"No," Hoseok beamed, "She's coming here. How could you tell?"

"You look happy,"

"Well," Hoseok replied, patting his friend on the shoulder, "I'm happy because of you, too, Yoongz,"

Yoongi made a sound that was somewhat like a laugh and began to walk towards the music rooms, "We can all get lunch when we're done, if you want," He said, "I don't think Jimin has all that much spare time,"

"Alright," Hoseok said, "Come find me when you're done,"

When Yoongi entered room seven, Daisy was already seated at the piano with her fingers moving across the keys. She already seemed a little more animated than before, even if it was only slightly.

"Sit up straight," Yoongi said as he closed the door, "Don't slouch over the keys,"

He could hear her tut, but she did as she was told, and the tone of the music changed again. It still wasn't quite right, but she had improved a small amount, just from Yoongi asking her to play music from what her favourite artist.

"Play the second one," He said as soon as she finished with the first piece. He was a little shocked to hear yet another of Jimins older songs, and this particular one was a song that Hoseok absolutely despised. For a good reason.

Yoongi stopped her, and she turned to face him, a fed up look on her face.

"What now?"

"You can't play this piece without passion. Both pieces you've chosen are very meaningful and passionate songs, you need more emotion when playing,"

Daisy huffed, "And how do you know?"

Yoongi looked down as his phone began to ring, and pulled it from his pocket, "Sorry, I have to take this. You carry on,"

He left the room as he answered, "Hello?"

"Hyung, it's me," Jimin's voice was cheerful, but a bit muffled, "I'm on campus in the music area, but I don't know where you need me to go,"

"I'll come get you, ask someone where Hoseok's lecture hall is,"

"Alright, see you in a minute,"

Yoongi made his way back to the hall, and sure enough, seated on one of the chairs, dressed in a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a black and white stripey shirt was his old friend Jimin. He had a white baseball cap pulled down low and a white face mask that left only his eyes exposed. Yoongi had a sudden thought that it must be hard for someone as popular as him to even go up the road for a pack of cigarettes. Not that Jimin smoked.

"Jimin," 

Jimin turned his head and stood up, his eyes curving into half moons as he smiled, "Hyung!"

He rushed forward, wrapping his arms around Yoongi and shocking the older man, "I'm so happy you called!" He cried, "I was so worried about you, and I haven't seen you since Isabe- anyway, I'm so happy!"

Yoongi returned the hug, unable to hold back a smile. He always had a soft spot for Jimin, and saw him as a younger brother. He cursed himself for leaving it so long before calling him.

"So," He said, pulling away, "What can I do for you?"

"I have a student who's a huge fan," Yoongi said, leading him back down the corridor towards the practice rooms, "But she has no passion, and she doesn't want to play. She's an amazing artist, and when I told her to play one of your songs, she played better than before,"

"Does she know I'm here?" Jimin asked, pulling the mask down so it rested under his chin. Yoongi shook his head.

"No. I think the shock might help her play better,"

"Alright," Jimin beamed, "Let's go and make someones day! Or ruin it. Some of my fans actually don't want to meet me,"

Yoongi smiled a little and reached for the handle, "Either way, I think the emotions will help her play better,"

---

AN: Double update!

The song is "Save Me", piano cover by Doopiano

Also, Jimin...