epilogue

As soon as Yoongi went off the stage, Hoseok met him with a tight hug. He could feel his own tears building as his friend held him, and a moment later, he felt two more sets of arms wrap around him.

Bee was one, and she wasn't even trying to hold back her tears. Jimin was the other, and they stood still together, one big group embrace until Hoseok pulled away. As soon as he did, both Bee and Jimin stepped back, looking over Yoongi's shoulders.

He turned and saw his father-in-law standing watching, a sad smile on his face.

"Yoongi," His voice was soft and thick with emotion, and Yoongi had to take a deep breath before replying.

"Hi, father," He said quietly, suddenly feeling ashamed of himself. He had cut his wife's family out after Isabella had died, to the point where he didn't even attend his mother-in-law's funeral the year after. He was so sure that his father-in-law would never forgive him again, and he would not blame him.

"It's been a while," The stern looking man said, his eyes flickering to behind Yoongi, where Hoseok was standing, "Your friend invited me,"

Yoongi looked back at Hoseok, who smiled at him, before looking back to his father-in-law.

"I wasn't going to come," He said, "I was angry at you. But he persuaded me, and..." He trailed off, taking a deep breath, "I'm glad I did. That performance was beautiful, and I'm sorry for not understanding,"

They stood silently for a moment. Yoongi had never been close to Isabella's father, and after having not seen him for so long, he felt awkward and a little embarrassed.

However, after a moment, his father-in-law opened his arms, and Yoongi let out a breath, smiling sheepishly. They met in a quick embrace and Yoongi realised just how selfish he'd been after his wife had passed away. Her parents had lost their daughter, and they had denied them their son-in-law by hiding away and refusing to see them when they reached out to him.

"I'm sorry," He said as he pulled away.

Surprisingly, his father-in-law smiled, "I understand," 

---

"Have you heard from Daisy?" Hoseok asked as Yoongi sipped on his beer. They had finally gotten an evening where all four of the friends could get together to relax, and it was the first glass of alcohol Yoongi had drunk in a while, so he was going easy.

He shook his head, "Not since last month. I know she's enjoying it, though,"

As she had not played a classical piece, the scouts had decided to give the position of first place and the scholarship to somebody else. However, after discussing it with her father, she had decided she wanted to go anyway. 

She had been studying in Austria for a year already, and although Yoongi had begun tutoring other students from Hoseok's class, he did miss her. She was the most challenging, yet the most rewarding. They had kept in touch since she left and he considered her a friend, even though she was seven years younger than him.

"I'm glad for her," Bee said, "She really is an amazing pianist, so I know she'll do well,"

Hoseok nodded, "Yeah. Anyway, where's Jimin? He said he'd be here by now,"

"Was he stopped by fans?" Yoongi mused, "He's gotten even more popular since his last single,"

"He's very careful," Bee said, a strange smile on his face, "He won't get caught,"

Hoseok frowned at her, "You know something," He accused, "What aren't you telling us?"

Bee just smiled at him and sipped on her drink. 

While Hoseok started bothering her, trying to get whatever information it was she knew out of her, Yoongi smiled to himself, looking down at his hands on the table. 

It had taken a while for him to get to this point, but he really did feel happy and at peace. He had even had his friends help him decorate his flat so it wasn't as dark and dingy. He was able to sleep in the bed, and he had reframed the photo of himself and Isabella on their wedding day and had it put up in the piano room. Next to it, was the drawing of the piano that Daisy had drawn him, also in a frame. 

He spent a lot of time in the piano room now, compared to before. It was his favourite room in his home, and he was slowly filling it with photos and precious things so he would be even more comfortable - there were even a few chairs in there for his friends to sit on, and a desk with his laptop and programmes to compose music.

"Sorry I'm late," Yoongi looked up when he heard Jimin's voice, "I had to pick up something from the airport,"

"Airport?" Yoongi frowned, "What are you-"

"Hi, Yoongi," Daisy poked her head out from behind Jimin, a smile on her face, "How're you?"

"Daisy?!" Daisy looked amazing. Her skin was glowing, and she no longer looked exhausted and emotionally drained. Her hair was soft and shiny and although she was dressed in a simple pair of jeans and t-shirt, she looked neat and tidy. She looked happy.

"Sorry, I kept it a secret," Jimin sat down on the seat next to Yoongi and stole his drink, "She wanted to surprise you and Hyung,"

Yoongi got to his feet, pulling her into a hug before sitting her down opposite him, "You look  really well," He said honestly, "You look happy,"

Daisy beamed, tucking her hair behind her ear, "Yeah," She smiled, "I am. What about you, Yoongi? Are you happy?"

Yoongi took a deep breath and smiled back at her, "Yeah. I'm happy. So, tell me all about Austria. Are your teachers as good as me?"

---

AN: The chapters piece is "Flavour of Life" By Utada Hikaru.

This is the original

And there you have it!

The end of The Pianist!

I hope you enjoyed it, I really did love writing this one.

Thank you so much Bumblys!!

THE PLAYLIST IS DONE!

It's called "The Pianist Playlist" on YouTube lol

Check it out!

Don't forget to follow me on instagram xD