14

"Anything, Hyung, what do you need?"

"Would it okay for you to come and see a student of mine?"

"When?"

Yoongi couldn't help but smile a little. Despite the fact that he had not kept contact with Jimin properly, he was still so ready to help, even though he obviously had a am packed schedule.

"Is Thursday too short notice?"

Jimin paused, "Give me ten minutes and I'll call you back, Hyung,"

Yoongi said goodbye and placed his phone back on the table. The food hadn't arrived yet, and he was starting to get a little hungry, but Bee came back to the table with some drinks and some nachos, that she placed in the centre.

"Thanks, Bee," Hoseok smiled brightly at her, and Yoongi noticed that her cheeks flushed a little. That wasn't an unusual sight around Hoseok, though. During his lectures, Yoongi had noticed that girls swooned over his friend a lot when he smiled.

He did have a bright smile, but Yoongi could imagine how those girls would react if he smiled at them with the same emotion that he just used for Bee. They would probably pass out, so it was probably a good thing that Hoseok wasn't flirty and only had eyes for the waitress at their table.

Bee smiled back and left the table, and Yoongi began to pick at the nachos, "You're still completely in love, aren't you?" He said, not looking at his friend.

Hoseok sighed happily, "Yeah. You know when all you can think about is them, and all you want is to hold them?"

Yoongi lowered his eyes from the plate of nachos to the table. He let his black hair flop over his eyes and nodded a little.

"Oh my God, Yoongz, I'm sorry," Hoseok groaned, "I wasn't thinking. After the last couple of days, I just-"

"It's fine," Yoongi looked up and forced a smile, "Love is an amazing feeling,"

The silence between the pair at the table became awkward as Hoseok mentally face palmed himself. Yoongi sighed and carried on picking at the nachos in front of them, until his phone began to ring again.

He picked it up, swiping his finger across the screen and pressing it to his ear, "Hey,"

"I'm free Thursday, Hyung," Came Jimins happy voice, "My manager gave me the day off,"

Yoongi looked up as Bee came to the table and placed their meals in front of them.

"Thanks, Bee," He muttered, not looking at her.

"Bee?" Jimins voice said from the phone, "You're with Bee? How is she? I haven't seen her in ages, she-"

"I'm getting lunch," Yoongi cut off his rambling, "She's the waitress. Can you get to Hoseoks university on Thursday just after one?"

"Oh," Jimin sounded a little disappointed, "Sure, I can do that. Is Bee going to be there?"

"No," Yoongi replied, rolling his eyes as he saw Hoseok fix his stare on said womans backside as she walked away from the table.

"Yeah, I guess not," Jimin said sheepishly, "Okay, I'll call you when I get to the university, then. See you, Hyung,"

"Yeah, bye," Yoongi hung up and placed the phone back on the table. They ate the rest of the meal mostly in silence, and Hoseok insisted that he pay, before he drove him back home.

"I'm not coming in tomorrow," Yoongi said as he climbed out of the car, "So see you Thursday,"

Hoseok smiled, "Alright. See you then, Yoongz," Yoongi grunted in reply and headed into his house. He followed his usual routine of kicking off his shoes and slumping on to his sofa, before he cracked open a bottle of whiskey and poured himself a glass. 

He took a sip with a sigh, and leaned back, closing his eyes. He could feel the warmth of the whiskey already spreading through his body, and relaxed into the cushions. Barely opening his eyes, he lit a cigarette and took a drag, remembering what Hoseok had said about Bee over dinner.

He really did understand where he was coming from, and that feeling hurt now. He was always told growing up that love could hurt, but never really understood it, until he lost it.

---

Isabella wasn't herself lately. She seemed to be tired all the time, and her pale skin looked as if it were growing paler. The blue in her eyes didn't sparkle in the light, and she didn't eat nearly as much as she used to.

She kept insisting she was fine, and the only time Yoongi could get her to relax was when he had her perched on his lap while he played all of her favourite music for her. 

"Please, Izzy," He whispered one day, ceasing his playing in favour of wrapping his arms around her strangely fragile frame, "Let me take you to a doctor,"

Isabella sighed and huddled in to his body, "Gigi," She said softly, closing her eyes and resting her cheek on his chest, "I'm fine, it's okay,"

Yoongi frowned and pulled away a little, staring down at his beloveds tired face, "Izzy, what are you hiding from me?"

Averting her eyes, Isabella stood up slowly and took her husbands hands in her own.

"I'm sorry, Gigi," She said, tears filling her eyes as she stared down at the floor, "I've already seen the Doctor. I-..." She trailed off and then took a deep breath, "I'm very sick, Yoongi. They're trying to help me, but nothing is working so far. I didn't tell you, because I didn't want you to stop playing,"

"But how can I play when you're sick?!" Yoongi cried, jumping up, "I want to help you, Izzy! I need to help you get better!"

"Listening to you play is my medicine," She said, looking up at him, "I know it sounds cheesy," She said, a small smile playing on her lips, "But I really do feel better when I listen to you play. I don't want you to stop, please, Yoongi,"

She cupped his cheeks in her small hands and he closed his eyes, leaning into her touch, "I will play, but only for you," He said, "But please, let me help you get better,"

His beautiful Isabella smiled up at him, and nodded. He kissed her gently, and she kissed him back, before stepping away.

"I'll go and make some dinner," Yoongi said with a smile, "Then we can talk about what the Doctors have tried, and what else we can do to make you better,"

Isabella smiled and nodded as he left the room, but sighed sadly as soon as she thought he was gone.

"I'm not going to get better, Gigi," She said, wiping away a tear before it made its way down her cheek, "I just want you to be okay,"

---

AN: Unedited, as usual har har har

The song is called "The Last Of Me" and it's a BTS piano cover by smyang