38

Yoongi sat at the front of Hoseok's lecture hall and was surprised to see that Daisy seemed to actually be paying attention. She was writing down everything that Hoseok had to say, and he could see that her sketchbook was poking out the top of her bag, on the floor.

Once the class was finished, she grabbed her things and rushed down to the front before anybody else could. She moved straight to Hoseok and took him to one side, telling him she needed to talk to him.

Deciding to leave them to it; Hoseok was, of course, her lecturer, and he was just her piano tutor, Yoongi got to his feet and made his way to the practice room. He sighed happily as he sat down on the stool in front of the piano, absentmindedly running his fingers over the keys.

He felt like he would be able to play something beautiful and happy, instead of being only able to play songs full of heartbreak and sorrow. 

His finger felt empty without the ring, and there was a slight dip in the paler skin due to him wearing it for so long, but even though his heart ached when he stared down at the empty space, it was a good ache.

His Isabella would be proud of him right now. He wasn't trapped anymore, and he felt light and free. Yoongi's heart would always belong to his wife; he had no doubt whatsoever about that. He knew she wanted him to move on, but at this point in time, he still wasn't ready to give his heart to another person; woman or man. He still only loved Isabella, but he had taken a huge step forward and he knew she would be satisfied with that for now.

He was genuinely feeling happy for the first time in years and in a way, he felt as though he owed that in part to Daisy. If he hadn't have tried to open her up to the idea of passion and the love of her instrument, he wasn't sure he would have ever opened up himself.

"Yoongz," He looked up when he heard a voice to see Hoseok and Daisy standing in the doorway, "Daisy needs to talk to you about something. But first I need to ask a favour,"

"Oh?" He said, turning his hips on the stool so he was facing them, "What is it?"

"The upcoming concert and competition," Hoseok said, "Will you open and close it for us?"

Yoongi's eyes widened, "Hobi, I'm not sure. I haven't performed for people in so long,"

"You won't be opening alone," Daisy said quietly, "I was wondering if maybe we could play a duet,"

Yoongi's jaw almost dropped in complete surprise, "You want to open the concert with a duet?" He asked, "Daisy and me?"

Hoseok grinned, "I think she's ready to perform with you on the stage, Yoongz. You did say yourself that she could surpass you,"

Yoongi looked over at Daisy and then back at Hoseok, "Alright. I'll close for you. And I'll open with a duet, if Daisy can prove that she is ready. I'm sorry, I still think she has a little way to go,"

"I'll do it now," Daisy said with determination, dropping her bag on the floor and sitting on the stool. Yoongi immediately stood up and moved to the side, and Hoseok closed the door over, coming to stand with him.

Daisy wasted no time. She pressed her fingers down on the keys with a sort of confidence that Yoongi had never seen before. Her body was upright and there was the slight sign of a smile on her lips as she began to let her fingers move across the keys. 

The piece she was playing was something he had never heard before; it was light and joyful, full of hope and love, and although fairly simple, the emotions were strong and before long, he found himself smiling, almost in disbelief. It was like a complete one-eighty in her entire style of playing. 

She was energetic and disciplined. She was emotional and passionate. She was both precise and wild, and her fingers were delicate, yet firm.

The piece started fairly simple, but was strong and bold from the start, with the correct amount of force combined with a gentleness that helped to convey her emotions.

As the piece came to a powerful ending, Yoongi had no doubt in his mind that something very good had happened to her. She was happy and she was clearly loving what she was doing.

"Well," He said, a huge smile on his face as she slowly turned to face both her teachers. He looked at his friend, who was standing with a smile on his own face, "I stand corrected. You are most definitely ready, Daisy. It would be an honour to open the concert with you,"

A bright, warm smile grew on Daisy's face, and Yoongi's eyes widened. He had yet to see her smile, and now that he had, it was like the room had lit up. He felt a pang of regret for being one of those who stopped her smiling before. 

"I'm excited!" Hoseok exclaimed, "The tickets are going to sell out so fast. Min Yoongi and Kim Daisy piano duet, I can't wait!"

He quickly left the room without even saying goodbye, and Yoongi chuckled before turning back to face his student.

"So, what happened?" He asked, folding his arms and leaning back against the wall.

"You can tell something happened?" She asked.

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, "Of course I can. It's obvious. So, what is it?"

---

AN: This piece is "Closer", a Chainsmokers piano cover by Costantino Carrara.

I really love how he plays omg so much passion!