44.

Yoongi could feel his eyes welling up with tears. Daisy had only played the first few notes of the song, but he could already feel the pain and loss that the song symbolised. He scrubbed at his tears angrily, not wanting to cry in front of so many people, especially since he had to go on the stage soon.

He was already feeling the sudden stress of not having chosen the song he wanted to close with, as he couldn't decide between the two he had in his mind; and now Daisy was playing the most beautiful piece of music he had ever heard. 

Jimin didn't need to be singing lyrics for him to hear the words of the song. In fact, he couldn't even remember the lyrics, but Daisy was doing such an amazing job with playing her emotions that he didn't have to. 

He could feel the pain she had gone through. He had known it first hand, but unlike her, even though he felt alone, he wasn't. He had Hoseok, always taking care of him and forcing him to keep living, even though he just wanted to give up.

Daisy was truly alone. She had nobody to get her through it, but she still carried on going. She made him feel pathetic. He had so much more than she did, but she was the one who came out on top. She had lost her mother, and her father was selfish and didn't think about how she felt, but she continued.

She missed that warmth and love. She missed the support and the affection. She missed her mother, but she was making her proud, and Yoongi felt like nothing but a whiney child. She was proving that she was better than him, and he had no choice but to agree.

He smiled as he felt Hoseok's hand touch his shoulder.

"She's amazing," He said, "You must feel so proud,"

Yoongi nodded, once again wiping the tears, "She should be proud of herself. She had just proved to me that she is better than me on so many levels,"

Hoseok took a breath, "She's not better than you, Yoongz. She's just different. You both mourned in your own ways, and she just picked herself up a little earlier than you. You should be proud of yourself, too,"

Yoongi tried to smile at him, but he could only hear the beautiful notes of the piano, reminding him of Isabella.

"Yeah, I guess," He said with a sigh, "I'm still not quite there, yet,"

"But you're well on your way," Hoseok said. He moved away, poking his head out just a little so he could get a look at the audience, "Jimin and Bee are crying. And so is Mr Kim. She's done what she set out to do; people are feeling what she wants them to feel,"

He pulled away and moved back to his friend, "You're almost up, Yoongi, are you ready?"

Yoongi sighed, "I don't know," He said honestly, "I still can't decide what piece to do,"

"I know when you go on stage, you'll be able to decide," Hoseok said firmly, "If you just take a look at the audience for just a second, you'll know,"

"You're so sure?" Yoongi said, "Give me some of that confidence,"

"I heard you tell Daisy you believe in her," Hoseok said, "Why don't you believe in yourself? You know how good you are. It's not about what you play, it's about how you play it. Practice what you preach, Yoongz,"

Yoongi sighed. Daisy's piece had come to an end, and the audience was clapping loudly. He was pretty sure he heard Jimin cheer, as well. There was only one more performance before it was his turn, and he wasn't ready.

Daisy came off the stage and made a beeline straight for him.

"How did I do?" She asked, her face showing how worried she was about his opinion. He hadn't listened to her practice before she performed, so he could understand her nervousness.

"It was amazing," He said honestly as Hoseok went to introduce the final act before him, "You brought me to tears, Daisy. You did the song justice,"

Daisy smiled widely, "I did?"

He nodded, "Your mother would be proud," He said, "Isabella would have loved it. Hoseok said that it made Jimin cry, as well so you should be proud of yourself,"

He smiled and let out a sigh, "I guess you don't need me to tutor you anymore, huh?" 

Her eyebrows raised in shock, "I taught you what I was supposed to, but you went above and beyond. Really, you will be much better than me in no time,"

Daisy shook her head, "I still have a lot of work to do,"

Yoongi grinned in response, "That's why I know you'll be better than me. I have a lot of catching up to do, I've been away for so long, but you're already in the race,"

The music coming from the stage died out, followed by clapping from the audience. He turned as Hoseok patted him on the shoulder as he walked out to introduce him.

"As some of you may know, the last performance of the evening; out great finale, will be performed by the Prodigal Pianist himself, Min Yoongi,"

Yoongi took a deep breath as he headed onto the stage. There was loud clapping and even some cheering from the audience. Of course, he had played in front of them already, but that was a duet. They were clearly very excited for his solo.

As Hoseok had recommended, as he came out, he took a look at the people sitting in the auditorium.

His eyes widened when they focussed on a single person sitting at the front, quite close to Bee and Jimin.

He felt his eyes brim with tears, and he sat down. He knew exactly what he had to play.

---

AN: It's almost at an end!

I'm going to make a youtube playlist, possibly a Spotify playlist with all the songs that I mention in here so you can have a good listen without having to search for them! 

I'll let you know when I'm done... It's  a lot of music to find hahah

Anyway, this chapters piece is "Awake" By Jin, Piano cover by DooPiano