32.

"You're crying," 

Yoongi heard Daisy's voice once the sounds of the music had died down, and turned to look down at her. 

Her father was standing next to her, wiping his face roughly with his hands, and he turned to look at her.

"Well it was beautiful,"

Yoongi stood up as Hoseok carefully placed his violin back into its case and headed down the steps to stand in front of them.

"Believe me?" He said simply.

The man nodded, "My deepest apologies. I guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover,"

Yoongi nodded, "That wasn't a classical piece, it was something composed by me. A close friend even added lyrics to it, but I decided not to give it to him to release. You might think that Pop music is worthless, but that is only because you don't understand how much work and effort goes into each piece,"

Daisy's father was silent as Yoongi lectured him.

"The piece your daughter chose was composed by me. Park Jimin sings that song with all of his emotions, and it took months to perfect it to the point where he was happy enough to let the public hear it. It might be different to classical pieces that are written by famous names, like Beethoven and Mozart and all the other musical geniuses, but it still tells a story. It still makes the person listening feel emotions, and that is what music is meant to do,"

Daisy's father opened his mouth to speak, but Yoongi continued, cutting off any possible argument.

"By stopping your daughter from playing a specific piece, you are telling her that it is not okay to tell her story or let out her emotions. Is that okay with you? Is she not allowed to express herself?"

"Ah, well, of course she is," Her father said, his cheeks flushing, "Expressing her emotions is important to me,"

"Good," Yoongi said with a smile, "Then you will support her decision to also express herself through art?"

"Art?" Daisy's father turned to look at her, "You still want to draw?"

Daisy took a deep breath, "I do. I am learning to enjoy the piano, now, but I still want to draw,"

Mr Kim was quiet for a moment, before taking a deep breath. He looked directly at his daughter, who stared back at him with new found confidence.

"I will support you in your art," He said, "As long as you continue your lessons and enter the competition,"

After taking a minute to decide, Daisy nodded. Her father smiled a little and turned back to Yoongi.

"Thank you for teaching her and for explaining to me things that I didn't understand. I hope you continue to guide her into a pianist that will be worthy of playing on the same stage as you,"

They briefly shook hands and Yoongi smiled.

"I think she will surpass me quickly,"

After quickly saying goodbye, both Hoseok and Daisy's father left the hall so Daisy could go with Yoongi to the practice room to continue her lessons.

They stood in awkward silence for a moment, before Yoongi cleared his throat.

"Let's go to the room. We need to talk,"

She followed him silently and once they were behind the closed door of the room, she placed her bag on the floor and sat down on the stool in front of the piano. She placed her hands on her lap and stared down at the floor.

Yoongi was quiet as he tried to figure out where to start. He had been so awful to her that he wasn't sure any kind of words would help her feel better.

"I'm sorry," He said simply, unable to obtain any other words in his mind that could describe just how guilty he felt.

"Sorry for what?" She replied, not looking at him, "Sorry for sleeping with me? Sorry for making me trust you and open up, only to crush my emotions? Sorry for the hurtful things you said afterwards?"

Yoongi shuffled on his feet uncomfortably and he ran his fingers through his scruffy black hair, "For everything I said. I was wrong. You're worth so much more than how I treated you. I know what I did wasn't fair and I really am sorry,"

Daisy sighed, still staring down at the floor by her feet. 

"I don't know if I can trust you again, Yoongi," She said softly, "I opened up to you. I told you how I felt, and you could see how much I was struggling. Yet you treated me so badly when I was vulnerable,"

"I know," Yoongi said, "I know, Daisy, and I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't give you any excuses, but I was having a hard time, and I didn't know how much I was hurting myself and others. I was selfish; only thinking about myself. But I'm learning how to change, and I'm trying to move on from the pain that was holding me back and be happy,"

He took a deep breath, "I was hoping that maybe, you would help me. I was hoping that I could help you move on and be happy as well,"

Daisy slowly lifted her head to look at her tutor. She had never seen him be so earnest, and the deep vulnerability in his eyes showed her just how much he was willing to open himself up to her, just so they could move on from the past and reach their goals.

"I'm sorry," She said quietly, "For the things I said about your wife," When he met her gaze, she felt the tears begin to well up, "I was so angry at you, and so hurt, but I've been feeling guilty ever since. You were wrong, but I should never have said such harsh things,"

Yoongi smiled then, a soft, genuine smile that made Daisy's eyes widen. She had never seen him look like this before, and it made her heart race in her chest. He had changed so much just over the past week when she hadn't seen him.

"You were right, but I accept your apology," He took a step towards her, placing his hand gently on top of the piano, "We have to decide what piece you're going to play for the concert, Daisy," He said, "I believe with all my heart that you are good enough and can do this. Do you believe in me?"

Daisy nodded her head and Yoongi smiled again.

"Then nothing else matters. Not our past together or individually. We have to move on," He took a breath, "Tell me what story you want the audience to experience,"

---

AN: Sort of a filler chapter so it isn't as good as I want it to be, but it is necessary...

This chapters piece is "Nothing Else Matters", Piano cover of Metallica by William Joseph.

Not going to lie, this is hands down the best cover of this song I have ever heard. It's phenomenal! It's worth a watch as well, he plays with so much passion it's just breath taking.

IDK maybe you guys aren't as into musical instruments as I am, and in that case I am sorry for ranting so much about so many pieces hahaha