Chapter 29

You heard Jimin's door slam so abruptly.

You heard Jungkook's footsteps stomping across the hallway floor.

When you got to Jimin's room and looked into his eyes, your heart dropped to your stomach.

He looked like he had just seen a ghost.

The car ride is somewhat silent as you head to the breakfast diner Jimin wanted to take you too, his eyes are fixed on nothing but the road.

What did Jungkook say to him?

"So...where is it we're going exactly?"

"Ah...you just wait. It's pretty awesome."

You can still hear a light quiver in his voice, so you reach over and grab his hand softly, trying to bring him comfort.

I hope he's okay..

······

"We're here."

You look up at the old building in front of you, still made out of old bricks to hold on to the vintage demeanor.

"Wow...this is so cool!"

You watch Jimin's smile tenderly spread across his soft cheeks, his fingers still intertwined with yours.

"They have the best pancakes."

"Really?!"

"I know you love Jin Hyung's pancakes so much...so I wanted to get some at a restaurant with you."

He's so sweet...

When you both enter the diner, a woman wearing a light blue dress and a white apron greets you.

"Jimin!"

"Hello Evelyn."

He knows her?

"Ahh so this must be the girl I heard all about!"

Wait...what?

You watch Jimin's face light up red as he shifts softly, whining.

"Yah! But.....yes....it is..."

He talked about me to this woman?

The woman leads you both to a booth in the very back on the small place, you look down on the table and see a small gold plaque."

"Jimin's Booth."

"I came here all the time when I was younger...so they gave me a booth all to myself to eat at."

"Wow....that is so cool!"

You sit down across from Jimin and look around, the vintage touch making you feel like you're back at home.

"So...you know that woman?"

"Mhm. After my mom left the first time, I ran away from home and sat on the sidewalk crying. She came up to me with a piece of cake and offered it to me, then brought me here to the diner and I got to meet everyone."

Wow...all this time...I thought Jimin was rude and arrogant...but it turns out he's just like me...

Looking across the table at the ebony haired boy in front of you, a smile plays tenderly across your face.

Who knew....

"Alright Jimin, your usual?"

Jimin looks up at Evelyn and sighs, shaking his head softly.

"U-um...just a salad..."

"Salad?"

You scrunch your nose and shake your head.