Chapter: 2

Aashna's POV:

The next I arrived office a bit late as I was not able to catch a good sleep last night. Sid and his family stayed till late night and after that I helped in cleaning the dishes. After completing all the work I finally thought that now I can sleep peacefully but I was mistaken, the moment I closed my eyes Sid's words kept running inside my mind. What if he is Same Aarav Deshmukh? No god, please don't make it happen.

"Hey, are you okay?” Ruhi asked coming inside my office.

"Yes. I'm totally fine.” I replied.

"Then why are you late? “She asked raising her eyebrows and before I could answer anything she started with her nonsense talks.

"Oh, Sid was home yesterday right? Then it's obvious that first you might have spent a lot of time with him and then with his memories.” She teased.

"Stop it." Was the only thing I said her. I wish I can tell her what I was thinking about.

"Anyway, have you heard about the merge of our company?” She asked excitedly.

"What merge?” I asked back as I don't have any idea about it.

"Even I don't it exactly but I heard that our company is merging with some other company for the next trip, I thought that you might be knowing about it."

"No, I don't know anything about it." I replied.

"Don't worry, you will Come to know about it soon after all, you are supposed to give them financial guidance about it." She said and I nodded proudly. I love my job so much, it gives me a sense of responsibility.

"Shall we go for a movie tonight?” She asked while leaving my cabin. I wish I can do that but now I can't.

"I'm sorry, I got some other plans.” I said and her eyebrows rose again.

"With?” She asked.

"Sid, he called today morning to come with him for a movie and I agreed.” As soon I said that a smile appeared on her same.

"Enjoy.” She said with a wink and left.

After completing all my work and looked at my watch, it was six already. I should have left by now. I took my bag and made my way outside the office. I sat in my car and started driving towards my home. Earlier I was never interested in cars, I was very much happy with my scooty but then eventually my mind changed and I decided to treat myself with it.

As soon I reached home, my eyes landed on the sweets box and a silver shining card kept on the table. I quickly went and took it. The sweet smell of the sweets inside the box already made me hungry. I opened the card and realized that it was an wedding card. Before seeing the name, I admired the card and it's design.

"You never mentioned, Anu is getting married.” Mom said coming towards me with a glass of water. Anu? Did she mean Anushka, because she always called her Anu.

I hurriedly read the name mentioned in the card, Anushka weds Ritik. Anushka is getting married? Omg I'm so happy her. She is the second one in our group who is getting married, the first was........

"Why you never told me that?” Mom asked again.

"Who gave you this card?” I asked without answering her previous question.

"Anu came here." She replied. Anushka came here?

"Why you didn't called me mom, why?” I asked somewhat irritated. She should have called me, I would have came to meet her, after all after so many years I was going to meet her. What will she think of me now? That I'm filled with too much pride and attitude?

"Chill, why are you getting angry? I tried to call you but it was not reachable.” she replied.

"I'm sorry for getting angry but then why you didn't call on my office's number, you could have also called on Ruhi's number.” I said trying to calm myself.

"Sorry again.” I said to her and looked at the card again.

"You didn't answered my question, why you never said that to me?” Mom asked again. It was her habit, she won't get satisfied unless I answer her question. But what I'm going to tell her, that even I came to know about it now? I don't even have her number, we never talked for so many years, in fact we are not even connected on social media.

"I was going to tell you, but I forgotten about it." I lied.

"Okay, get ready fast. Then we will go to shopping.” she said and then I told her about my movie plan.

"It's okay, I will cancel it. Wait I will call Sid.” I said and took my phone but she was very quick to snatch it from me.

"No no, we can go some other day. You go with him.” She replied.

"Okay.” I said and went to my room with the card still in my hand. I was so happy to see it and moreover I was happy that she didn't forgot to call me, she came here for me!

But now the question is, should I go there? No, of course not. I can't go there. Everyone will be there and I Surely can't face them again, after full six years. But Anushka will feel bad if I don't go there. God please help me! I guess I should not go, instead I will send my gift, like they did during my Di's wedding but it was not their fault the wedding was in my village and I can't expect them to come there but in this case, her wedding is so near to me, I can't give any reasons. What will I do now?

Do vote and comment.
Thank you.