Chapter : 14

Aashna's Pov:

"Hey, what is this?” Ruhi asked entering my cabin.

"Thank god you are here, please help me out I have a meeting in less then ten minutes."

"Yeah I know, I came here to call you for the same. The Deshmukh's have already arrived.” She said making me more panic now.

"But what is wrong with you? As what I remember there wasn't rain this morning then why the hell are you drenched?” She asked totally annoyed.

There was no time to explain her but then again she will do nothing unless and until I tell her about everything. So quickly I narrated the incident to her.

"Oh my god, what will you do now?" was the response I got.

"I'm asking you to help me and here you are asking me what will I do, really girl?” I shouted.

"Ok ok sorry. Take this.” She said and gave me table cloth to wipe myself. I quickly wiped myself and went to the board room. I was already feeling so cold but there was no option left.

I entered the boardroom and greeted everyone. Everyone returned the greetings expect for that one idiot who not even bothered to look up. Go to hell.

I settled on my seat and the meeting started. Sahil, my colleague was presenting and everyone were listening to him quietly.

As the time passed, I got more cold because of the AC's. I wished that I could switch off them. But here also I knew that I have to keep my mouth shut because it would be so wrong of me to do that in front of all my seniors. There was even a time where I thought to actually speak about to off the AC's because I was just not able to take it anymore and moreover, no one would have mind that because it was winter and the climate was already cold but then again something came up in my mind and I sat there still.

By the time when I was supposed to present, I was literally shivering which made me difficult to stand. I somehow went in front of every and was about to start my presentation but was stopped by a very firm and masculine voice, the voice which was quite the whole time but have to speak when I'm supposed to present. I just Don't know, what is he going to do now!

"Excuse me?” Aarav said and everyone looked at him.

"The whole room is heating, if you don't mind shall we just lower the temperature?” He asked loosening his tie and making to shock to hell. Whole room is heating? Really man? For God's sake it winter.

"Yeah sure.” Chetan was the first one to reply and even others agreed. Aarav himself took the remote and did what he wanted. I don't know whether he is doing it on a purpose or not, but if he is doing this purposely just to trouble me, then this is the meanest thing he has ever done!

I started the presentation and was shuttering after every word. I felt like I'm going to turn into ice any second from now. I glanced at Aarav and noticed that he was not at all interested in my presentation, he was not even looking at the screen but the thing which made me angry was, by now even he was feeling cold, which was clearly visible from his actions but still he refused to accept it and now I was sure that he purposely did this to trouble me but I was not the same Aashna to make him win over everything, I was not willing to see him happy seeing me in trouble so I did my best to act normal and soon I was done with my presentation.

I completed my part and went back to my seat. Chetan then called for a break and as soon as it was announced, Aarav was the first one to leave the room, with his phone in his hand texting someone. Even I wanted to go out to warm myself but Chetan stopped me as he wanted to discuss some stuff regarding the meet.

After ten minutes the break was over and everyone were back to their seats. I was more comfortable this time because out of nowhere The great Aarav Deshmukh ordered to switch off the AC's. Not to be thankful to him but I was happy that at least he got some brain or maybe he was feeling cold too.

The meeting was going very smoothly with a good amount of question and answer session. Just then I noticed Aarav's hand and realized that it was swollen with some blood stains on it. It was his habit, every time he was upset or angry, he punches the wall. My heart instantly stopped looking at him. All I wanted to do was ask him how it happened and to treat that wound. I know it might be hurting him a lot but he being so stubborn will never treat it himself.

I was not in mood to diminish my self-respect again, so I decided to avoid looking at it but my stupid heart didn't cooperated and I ended up doing the same mistake.

"Sir, your hand is bleeding.” I blurted out and everyone looked at his hand.

"No, I'm fine.” He said and removed the hand from the table so that it was out of sight.

Chetan continued the presentation and all I was thinking that, why the hell is he bearing the pain? What will he get by doing that?

After sometime the meeting ended and everyone left, I don't know what came over me I was about to go behind Aarav but was stopped when someone gripped my wrist so tightly that I instantly stopped on my feet. I turned around and saw Chetan holding my hand. He looked so angry, which left me confused.

"Are you out of your mind girl?” Was the first question he asked.

"What are you talking?” I asked back as I was totally confused.

"Are you blind or you just want to deny the fact that he is over you.” He replied.

"Let's get it straight, what are you talking about?” I asked again.

"Oh so you are not getting what I'm talking about, great, totally great."

"You know what? I'm right for thinking you as a dumb girl, who is still behind that Jerk.” He said and I was not able to utter a word.

"Do you really think, the room was heating and that was the reason he lowered the temperature? No Aashna, he just did it to trouble you and you are still so stupid to care about him."

"And do you know the reason behind it? It's because you are still not over him and you still love him. He said angrily and left the room.

No, I don't.

I don't love him, not anymore.

I was repeating it to myself and collected my stuff and went out of the office.

Chetan is wrong!

I don't lo.. Love him.

I felt like running from there, all I wanted at this moment was my bed to cry. I hurriedly went towards the parking and saw a small paper stick to my car. I opened and saw a 'Sorry' written on it. It would have confused me more about the sender but it was not like the hand writing was unknown to me, I already knew who kept it here. But I don't want his sorry.

I threw the paper and drove towards my home.

Do vote and comment.
Thank you