Chapter : 16

Aananya’s Pov:

God please help me out, I can't see my family in this state. Dad's condition is already critical, Mom has been crying continuously which made her weak and bro.... He hasn't cried nor talked with us. I know he is trying to act strong in front of us so that we will be strong too but I know how broken he is. Dad is everything to him and seeing him in this state has affected him a lot but being stubborn he won't show that.

I want him to cry, to express himself, to talk with us, to share his sadness but as far as I know him I know that he will never do it in front of me or mom. I even tried to talk with him but he refused to share anything. All is said was he is ok. I don't get it how can he even expect me to believe that he is okay, when he's clearly not ok.

I wish Ruan, Abhi or Sanjana were here. They would have definitely handled him but to my bad luck Abhi and Sanjana were on a business trip and Ruan was in another state attending some campaign. Though he said that he will be here soon, I wanted someone to look after bro for now.

I was praying to god just then I received a call from Sanjana.

"How's uncle?” She asked.

"He is still in the same condition. The doctors are treating him but still there's no improvement."

"Please don't cry. Everything will be okay.” She said assuring me.

"How's Aarav?” She asked and I told her everything.

"I wish you were here. I can't see bro like this." I cried.

"There's still one person who can help you.” She answered.

"Who?” I asked immediately.

"You exactly know about whom I'm talking Anu. Just call her."

Aashna's Pov:

After the office I came home and realised that I was alone here. Dad hasn't reached home yet and mom left a note saying that she went for shopping. Why didn't she called me? I would have told her not to go! I wanted mom to be next to me. One hug from her would have disappeared my every problem but she is not home. I felt disappointed and went to my room.

I was resting for a while watching movie when I received a call from an unknown number. I waited for the true caller to find the name of the person.

Aananya Deshmukh! The name displayed on my screen and I hurriedly took the phone in my hand. Aananya never called me in this years then why now? Is everything alright?

Without wasting a second I received the call and the next I heard left me in complete shock.

As soon as the call ended I took my car keys and went towards the hospital. Aananya informed me about her dad's accident and how critical he was now. I wish that nothing happens to him and he recovers very soon.

I was much worried about Aarav. He is too stubborn to show his weak side to anyone. I wonder how he might be handling this situation alone. He loves his dad so much and can't take it if anything will happen to him. God, please take care of him.

Mom called me when I was on my way but I didn't received it as she will ask me so many questions and I seriously don't know what to answer so I just texted her that I'm ok and will call her after sometime.

Soon I reached the hospital and directly went towards the ward were uncle was admitted. I met Aananya on the way. She directly came and hugged me. After few seconds she left me.

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen to him.” I assured her and she nodded in return.

"Where's Aarav?” I asked and she glanced at the corner, where a small balcony was located. He was standing there facing the outside world.

"Please.” was all she said. I nodded and went towards Aarav. I don't know why but my legs were shaking as if I was lacking the courage to go in front of him or I guess I just don't wanted to see him crying, it will break my heart too. Slowly I went towards him and stood a few inches away from where he was standing.

"Aarav.” I called and He turned around. He looked so broken. The moment our eyes met a tear fall down for his eye no wonder this was the first time I saw him crying.

"Please don't cry.” I managed to say something and then I noticed his hands which were in a fist as if he was restricting himself. Another tear slipped from his eye and I was not able to control myself so I went near him to wipe it but was not able to do it because the moment I went near him, he hugged me. I hugged him back running my hand through his back trying to console him.

After few seconds he broke the hug and knelt in front of me, holding my both the hands. He broke down completely.

"I can't live without him Aashna.” He said still crying.

"Please tell him to recover fast, please."

This was the first time I have seen a completely different Aarav. The Aarav who always represented himself as a strong individual was feeling helpless now and I was just not able to see him like this. I wanted to take all his pain.

Seeing him crying continuously made me cry too. Even I knelt in front of him and started to give him hope.

"Please don't cry Aarav, everything will be alright. Nothing will happen to him.” I was saying this things to him continuously.

After sometime Ruan came and so I left them alone and went near Aananya. The doctors were still treating Uncle and there was no news about the recovery. All we could do was to pray for him.