7

Aashna's POV:

I didn't knew if I should laugh or cry but I was very much revealed when I came to know that Avinash is not Aarav's son. I know it is wrong to be happy over it, when I'm with Sid but I  just can't help it. After meeting Kriya I was a bit hesitant to ask about it but luckily she was the only one who started this topic when we were looking at the wedding pictures in her phone. We were looking at the pictures when she said about Avinash.

"Avi is so cute, right? "She said.

"Yes he is! Maybe he got this cuteness from his parents." I replied.

"Yeah. He is same like his Dad."

"Of course he is." I added.

"Hey, how do you know, he is like his dad?" She asked and before I could reply anything, she only answered her own question.

"Nisha di might have said you." She said sipping the coffee in front of her and I began to think that why would Nisha di tell me about Aarav? I gave her the look clearly stated what I was thinking.

"Samiksha di might have told her So I thought that Nisha di would have said that to you." She said and I again got confused. What is she talking about?

"Idiot, Samiksha di and your di are good friends, so it's obvious that Samiksha di will share every thing about her son to your di." She said with a bit annoyance. Wait what? Samiksha di's son?

"Avinash is Samiksha di's son?" I asked.

"Of course. You were not knowing about it?" she asked and I said no and also I was feeling relaxed.

"Strange. I thought that you know about it." She added.

"Wait, did you thought that Avi is Aarav's son?" She asked and I replied nothing just a smile appeared on my face.

"Omg, that was so funny." She said and started laughing.

"Don't worry, he is still single." She said after her laugh.

"I don't worry about him, I just thought that seeing them on the day of wedding." I replied. Why she has to think that I care about him?

"Yes indeed. Avi adores Aarav a lot."

Then I asked her about Sanjana and their marriage.

"I don't know anything about it. They never talk on this topic neither we ask." She replied. Okay, now stop this topic. Now onwards I will never think about him.

"Okay, when you and Ruan are getting married?" I asked and she started blushing.

After that we talked a lot but she didn't answered my question about her marriage. We just talked on other random things and when it was late we both made our way towards our respective house.

Next day,

I was on my way to office but I felt Like I should not go there. Today we are having a meeting with the Deshmukh's and I was pretty sure that Aarav will be there too. It's not like that I can't face him but I don't want to. I was told to join the meeting and I can't just simply deny it, so I decided to attend.

As soon as I reached, I parked my car and again saw the car with the name plate 'Deshmukh' on it, the only difference was today there were two cars like that, I guess the one belongs to Aarav. Don't let it have any effect on you Aashna!

I entered the office building and went towards the lift, I saw a girl entering it and before the door would close I went there but was shocked to see the person standing in the lift. Aarav! He was shocked too. I knew that he was going to be here but I he had no clue that I work here. I felt my heart beat raise. We both were looking at each other when I felt that the girl standing next to him stopped the door from shutting, she was the Same girl I saw in the lift yesterday.

"You can step in too." She said politely.

"Hmm..yeah." I said and entered the lift. Aarav didn't moved, not even a bit I was the one standing like a scared kitten on one corner. We all were quite. The only sound I was able to hear was of my heart beat. I was just waiting for my floor to come fast. The lift stopped and I quickly came out of it. Thank god!

I went inside my cabin and rushed to washroom. I flashed some water on my face. Why god why? Why just seeing him makes me so vulnerable? I got disappointed of myself and came back in my cabin. I wonder how I'm going to attend the meeting knowing that he is also going to be there?

"Hey, what's wrong?" Ruhi asked entering my cabin.

"Nothing." I replied smiling at her. I don't want her to suspect anything.

"Ok. So how was it, sharing a lift with Aarav?" She said bringing his thought back in my mind.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I saw you." She replied.

"Did you noticed that he had a haircut, no no you won't. You have not seen him before." She said and went towards the window. I have not seen him before? I wish I never did.

After sometime I was called for the meeting. I was not feeling to attend it but I had no option now. I made myself calm and went towards the boardroom. As soon as I went inside the first thing I saw was Aarav talking with the girl who was in lift with us. I guess she is his assistant. Why can't he keep a male assistant? Shut up Aashna! I mentally slapped myself and got settled next to one my colleague. But I was unhappy to sit there as Aarav was right in front of me. I was trying very hard to act confident and show that I'm not affected by his presence but deep inside I knew that I'm failing to do it.

The meeting started and Before I will act more stupid, I avoided my gaze from him. I kept my eyes on the person who was presenting the idea of tour but it were only my eyes which were on him, my mind was somewhere else and I really had no idea what was he talking about, which is wrong from my part. So evading all the other things I actually tired to concentrate on what he was saying but was disturbed when I heard someone's phone ringing. I looked around and got to know that it was none another than Aarav's phone.

"Sorry." He said to everyone and kept his phone back only after typing something in it. I guess a message to the person who called. I again started listening to the person but then I don't know from where I felt a urge to look at Aarav. I avoided looking directly at him but from the side of my eye I felt like he was looking at me. No, why will he look at me in the middle of meeting? I guess I'm overthinking.

I turned to the other side but my stupid heart wanted to make sure that is Aarav really looking at me? So I abruptly looked at him and as soon as our eyes met he avoided his gaze. Was he really looking at me?

After that the meeting ended. Both the companies shared their idea of the tour and now in the next meeting we will discuss about the financial arrangements, for which I have to work really hard. I started picking the files and other papers whereas Aarav went to talk with my boss. I realized that they were not having a official talk in fact they talked like they know each other.

"No uncle, I'm glad that you offered this tour." I heard Aarav saying as I passed by them. Uncle?

"Aashna?" My boss called and I went towards them.

"So Aashna, meet Aarav, the CEO of Deshmukh tours and travels. He is Son of my very close friend and also he is friend a of Viren." He said. By Viren he was referring to his Son. I have never seen him before because he lives abroad and that's when I realised that he is the same Viren whom I met in the wedding, Aarav's friend. Omg, that was definitely not expected.

"I Know you might be already knowing him but still I wanted to introduce you." He chuckled. Am I supposed to shake hand with him? I was confused on what to do but luckily the boss didn't gave me time to do that as he started introducing me to him.

"And Aarav, she is Aashna, our financial analyst and a very hard working girl." He said proudly making me happy.

"Of course she is! The words left Aarav's mouth and we both looked at him. The boss was obviously confused by his gesture.

"Do you both know each other?" the boss asked to us and I looked at Aarav.

"You didn't said when is Viren coming back?" Aarav asked changing the topic and I walked away from there.

I don't know how I'm going to attend the next meeting?

Do vote and comment.

Thank you.