Chapter : 13

Aashna's Pov:

️I directly went and opened the door and saw sitting comfortably on his chair with a coke in one hand and a file in other.

"I'm sorry sir, I tired to stop her but. " His assistant started explaining him.

"It's ok, I will handle. You may leave now.” He said and immediately she went out closing the door behind me.

As I was standing there, he was supposed to talk to me but no, all he did was acted like I was invisible to him.

"Why are you doing this?” I spoke.

"Why are you here?” He said closing the file in his hand. Arrogant much!

"OK, let's get straight to the point. Why are you cancelling the tour?” I asked directly and he gave me a confused look followed by a smirk.

"I wasn't knowing, your company is keeping track on my activities.” He said.

"We aren't keeping any track on you. We just got the information. Now tell me why are doing this?” I asked getting back to the point.

He went out of his seat and came in front of me. Even with my heels on, he was taller than me. He took a step ahead causing me to step back. It continued till my back hit the wall.

I wanted to stop him but was unable to do anything. He leaned forward and finally spoke further.

"Why am I answerable to Miss. Aashna, when you were never?"

Okay, he just repeated my dialogue which I said to him the other day.

What should I reply now?

"Okay, don't answer. But please it's my request, please don't cancel this tour.” I said almost pleading.

"I know you are doing this because of me but I promise if you have a problem with me, I won't come in front of you. I'm even ready to give this tour to someone else, I will no longer be a member of it but please don't cancel it." I added and he laughed going back to his desk.

"You know what, it will be wrong for me to share something about my company to any other person like you but still I'm doing it." He said, his every word hurting was hurting me.

"I'm doing a tour with your company doesn't mean that I won't do any other. We were in contact with other companies because of our next tour, I won't cancel this tour, well I wanted to do it the moment I saw you there but I can't disrespect dad, he wants me to do this and I will do as he said.” He said. This time I was more hurt but somewhere I was satisfied knowing that he isn't cancelling it.

"By the way, thanks for tell me about the tracking thing. I will be careful next time but even you should keep some better detectives.” He added.

"I... I already said.. We aren't tracking your activities.” I said.

"Leave.” was the reply I got. I was about to leave but he stopped me.

"One more thing.” He said and I stopped on my way.

"I never bring my personal life between my work.” He said and then I came out. Tears were already in my eyes. His every word was hitting me like a arrow.

'Other person like you.'

'I wanted to the moment I saw you there.'

'Other person like you.'

'I wanted to the moment I saw you there.'

STOP! stop it Aashna, please don't think about him.

I went back to the office and was about to tell them about the tour but came to know that they already got a call from their company and kept a meeting tomorrow.

By now, I was sure that I'm not going to attend this meeting. I will transfer this opportunity to Natasha. She knows everything about this tour and I'm sure she will handle it.

After I completed my other work I decided to go home. As I was about to leave Chetan entered my cabin.

"Where are you going?” He asked.

"Home."

"Why? Aren't we supposed to do any preparations for tomorrow's meeting?” He asked and I told him that I'm not working on this tour.

"Wait, there's a miscommunication I guess. Deshmukh's clearly mentioned that they want you to work for this tour.” He said making me completely shock. Did they really mentioned this? But why?

"Why? I mean I don't know anything about it, did they really mentioned it?” I asked.

"Of course they did. Why would I lie?"

But I don't want to work with him.

"So, what should we do know?” Chetan asked. I damn badly wanted to say him about my decision but he didn't let me utter a word. He told me the key points of tomorrow's meeting.

I was quite confused on why they decided to have a sudden meeting but there was no way where I would have cleared it, so instead of thinking too much about it I listened to what he said and went away from there.

Next day,

I was supposed to reach office a little early today so that I can prepare for the meeting but my bad luck that I over slept. My alarm clock ditched me today. I drove recklessly. All I wanted was to reach office before the Deshmukh's reach there.

Finally after lot of struggling through the traffic I reached office exactly before fifteen minutes of the meeting. Hurriedly I went out of the car and started moving towards the entrance. On my way I saw a small boy struggling to open the tap of tap water stand located outside my office.

I was getting late but I felt the need to help him, I quickly went behind him and tried to open it but failed. I tired again. Once, twice, thrice but still was unable to open it. You can do it Aashna! I mentally motivated myself.

This time I applied more force to open it and guess what it opened but it opened in such a way that the water burst out suddenly , making me completely drenched as I was directly in front of it. F**k! What will I do now?

The little boy was quick to close the tap. He even handed me his handkerchief to wipe myself and I literally found it very cute of him. But I also knew that the handkerchief won't help me. I said thanks to him  and went inside.

Only ten minutes were left and I was hell confused on what I was going to do now. I can't cancel the meeting, I have to attain it and also I don't have another dress. God please help me, I don't want to spoil this meeting.

Do vote and comment.
Thank you.