Chapter : 25

Aashna's pov :

I was with Sid, his brother and his wife and their children, it was weekend and so everyone decided to go to a circus. I love circus and there was no way to deny it but going with his brother and sister in law made it a bit uncomfortable as they pushed me and Sid to be like a married couple. Why can't they understand, we are not married yet?

We were still on our way and Sid was driving the car whereas I was sitting on the passenger seat, talking with his sister in law. She kept me asking about my college days and all I remembered was Aarav. So I was trying to calm myself and avoid the topic but Sid's next question threw me in that memories.

"Aarav and you were in same department?" He asked.

"Yeah but he was my senior." I replied and hoped that the topic ends here but no, his brother asked who Aarav is? Sid started talking about him and I literally felt like my head will burst now from his thoughts.

"Aashna." Sid called and I came out of my thoughts.

"Um. Sorry." I replied.

"Look who's there." Sid said and pointed towards the Car to my left. I looked at it and Saw Aarav driving it. Why god why? Soon the signal turned and he drove away. It was then I realised that there was a girl with him in the car, who was she? I wanted to follow him and see with whom he was and Sid was doing exactly the same. Our car followed to their and soon both the cars stood outside the Circus. Is he here to watch circus?

I quickly went out and saw him opening the door to the passenger seat and Soon Sanjana came out of it. Why is she with him? Did they both..... No! Aarav then opened door to back seat and Avi came out of it. It's been so long since I saw him. I was looking at him when he caught my eye and waved at me. I guess he didn't mentioned it to Aarav or Sanjana because they didn't glanced at me.

"Come let's go." Sid said and together we went inside. I saw Aarav settled two rows behind us. No doubt he was not interested in watching the circus because he kept doing something on his phone.

"You are again busy thinking?" Sid asked and I acted like nothing happened.

"Okay." he replied and kept quite. I know I was bothering him since last few days, always busy in my dream world ignoring everything. We even had a argument regarding these. He complained that I'm always busy in my own world, when ever I'm with him. No doubt it was true but still I tried to defend myself which reasoned out for the argument. Yesterday night he said sorry and asked me to come for this circus.

Should I tell him the truth? What if even he will come to know about it from someone else? No no, I can't let it happen. I should tell him everything as soon as possible. But how will I tell him?

Later I saw Aarav leaving early without even completing the show. I wondered what happened to them but was helpless.

Aarav's pov:

"I'm bored." Avi said whining. He was the one who was so desperate to watch a circus and now was going on whining.

"Let's go from here." he said for the third time and so we decided to leave.

"Now what?" Sanjana asked.

"I'm hungry." Avi replied instantly.

"Ok, let's go to food court." I said and went there. He was happily eating his meal where as Sanjana was busy on her phone.

"Who is getting married?" Avi asked and I gave him a suspicious look.

"I heard you saying it on call." ohh, he heard my conversation with Ruan.

"Ruan and Kriya." I replied.

"By the way I saw your friend, when we were out." he said and Me and Sanjana both asked at the same time.

"Who?"

"I don't remember her name. The one we met at Anushka di's wedding." he said and my heart beat raised instantly. I know Sanjana too came to know about it but she didn't said anything.

"That didi." he said pointing towards the gate and this time I felt like my heart beat stopped. Why she always has to be with him? And why always has to be in the same place where I am. This coincidence are killing me now. Why can't this all stop?

"Aarav, your phone." Sanjana called and handed me my phone, which was ringing. Man, I didn't even noticed it!

"Yeah ok. I will be there." I said and kept the phone back. It was from Ruan, who asked me meet him and Kriya for dinner today. I even asked Sanjana to join us but she refused making some excuses.

After Avi completed his meal, I dropped them to their home and went back to my office as I still had so much work pending. I have not been able to concentrate on any of my upcoming projects. I have already skipped so many meetings and now I think it's high time that I concentrate on it again.

"Siddharth​ asked to attend the next meeting." Varun said passing the next file towards me. The mention of his name was enough for me to lose my sanity again.

"I will see." I replied.

"Don't be childish Aarav, you don't know anything about that tour, do you? The reason is you don't want to meet him." he said totally annoyed.

"Stop mixing your personal and professional life. Siddharth and others keep asking about you, what am I supposed to say them?"

"Then what am I supposed to do? I don't want to meet him, rather I don't want to see him. He makes me realize what I have lost and what I am never getting back."

"You are being a coward Aarav. She is not married yet, she is just engaged. At Least Talk with her, may be things will come out differently." He said assuring me.

"You haven't lost her yet Aarav." He added. He looked sad and it was then I remembered that it was death anniversary of his wife, who lost her life in a car accident, one year ago. His family made him marry to another girl to take care of his daughter , I knew he was not happy and there is nothing like a husband and wife between him and his present wife. I have met her so many times and have seen her unconditional love for him. I hope one day even Varun will accept her as his wife.

"I'm sorry." I said as I went next to him.

"I'm ok." he replied with a small smile.

Later, I was with Ruan and Kriya at a newly launched restaurant near their new house. I was happy that they are back to their normal self and everything between them as settled now.

"So what's up?" I asked breaking the silence. They both looked at each other as if telling to speak.

"What's wrong?" I asked again.

"Don't you think, you should talk to Aashna once." Kriya replied.

"I mean, I understand she is engaged and all but don't you think that her eyes tell a different story." She added. I looked at Ruan and even he nodded, agreeing with what Kriya said.

"I know her very well and so I know that she don't love him, it's was always you she loved. Things didn't worked out well with you guys and I guess she thought that it never will and so she might have agreed to this marriage." Kriya said making my heart heavy.

"We have all seen her, during our trip and there's no way anyone can decline that she don't feel anything for you. And so, me and kriya both think that you should talk with once." Ruan said.

Should I talk with her?

Do vote and comment.
Thank you.