Enemies Part One// Jughead

Warnings: a fair amt of language

SHANNON'S POV

"Oh my goodness Shaz finally found a boyfriend?" Reggie called out in the student lounge as Jug and I sat on the couch. "Someone was really desperate enough to date her?" He continued as I ignored him. Jughead gave me looks but I squeezed his hand to tell him not to react.

"How was it Suicide Squad? When she drugged you into liking her?" Reggie persisted, "I'm going to kill him," Juggie whispered. "Don't," I whispered back. "I bet you're doing this for his social status Shannon, you don't even love him," Reggie commented.

I stood up and turned around, "And I bet your desperate ass is disappointed no one loves you, just like your abusive dad doesn't, and where's your mom, where's your girlfriend? All you have is a bunch of high concussed football players as 'friends'," I shoot as Jug stands next to me.

He looked set back but regained his facial features quickly, "At least I'm strong enough to take care of myself while you depend on this freak while your alcoholic mother and dead father, might I add, have disowned you," As he said all of this, silent tears fell. I fled the lounge as I heard Juggie call my name.

JUG'S POV

I was enraged the entire time Reggie and Shaz were throwing back insults, not until he brought up her family and she started running away was when I exploded. I wanted to run after her but I saw Kevin follow her so I knew she'd be ok until I got there.

"What the hell Reg!? Why do you have to be an ass to her all the time!?" I yelled. "It's not my fault she picked some Serpent shit for a boyfriend," He said. I punched him in the face making a fight break out, we exchanged punches and other violent hits until a teacher stopped us.

"Break it up boys!" The voice was no other than Coach Clayton, Reggie's best friend Chuck's dad. "Hey! Mantle!" He called walking up to us and breaking us apart. "What the heck is going on?" Coach Clayton asked Jug, "He was making fun of the Bulldogs and Chuck," Reggie lied.

I was shocked but not shocked. Just kill me already. "Oh no no no, Reggie was making fun of my girlfriend and her living situation," I say. Coach Clayton gave me a disgusted look, "Why should I listen to some Southside low life?" He asked.

"My boy Reggie is the most trustworthy person I've ever met. Walk yourself to Weatherbee and the next time I hear you making fun of my son, I will personally have you expelled," He says. I couldn't argue with a teacher so I just left but didn't go to Weatherbee's, I headed out to find my girlfriend and Kevin.

SHANNON POV

I ran out crying, I couldn't listen to Reggie anymore. I heard Jug call my name but my legs wouldn't let me stop running. I ran to an end of hallway where I collapsed against a wall, heavily crying. "Shannon!" I heard a familiar voice call. Kevin, one of my best friends.

I slid to the ground as he caught up to me. He wrapped his arms around me as I cried into his shoulder. "Why can't he shut the hell up," I cried. "Shaz we all know Reginald Mantel is a Northside Queen. He thinks everyone likes him and he's better than anyone. The girls don't even like him, heck I wouldn't date him," Kevin says.

I laugh a little, "He just never knows when to shut up or anything about consequences," I remark. "That too," He replies. "I just feel like a crap girlfriend," I say after a minute.

"Excuse me what the heck did we just agree about that Heathen? That person," Kevin responds refusing to say Reggie. "Said this to trigger you, they're not true. Here this is how you will never care about what he says again," He says pulling out a lighter.

"Kevin Keller, son of Tom Keller, the sheriff's son. Why on earth do you have a lighter in the middle of school!?" I quietly exclaim. "Joaquin gave it to me, forgot to give it back," He remarks. "Now repeat after me,
I do not care
I refuse to care
I no longer care
My last care has flown," He says. I say it back, not knowing why. "Now blow out the lighter," Kevin orders. I blew it out feeling weirdly better.

"Did the farm teach you that?" I ask. "That poem? No I got that off of Tumblr, just changed some words works every time." He explains. I nod, "Thanks for being my bestie Kev," "Anytime Shanie," Kevin says kissing the top of my head.

"There you are Shaz!" I hear my boyfriend call. "Jug what happened?" I ask, reacting to his bruises and cuts on his face. "Reg and I went at it," He only responds. I get up and pull him into a hug. "Thanks for looking after her Kevin," Jughead tells him. "No problem Jug see you around," He says walking to his class his should've been in 40 minutes ago.

"I'm sorry Shannon," Jug says into my hair. "It's ok," I whisper. I pull away and look at his bruises. Gently rubbing my thumb over a bruise on his cheekbone, he flinched. I bit my lip, "Juggie," I sympathize. "Let's go to your trailer to clean you up." I say.

"Ok," He whispers. We kiss and I put my hand in his hair, stealing his beanie. "Shanie!" He exclaims. I put it on my head as I laugh, "I hadda," I tease. He smiles, "Ow! It hurts to smile," Jughead says.

"Aw sorry Jug," I say kissing him again. He steals his beanie back as we do, "No it was comfortable!" I whine. He laughs immediately regretting it and winces, "C'mon we got to get you clean by our date tonight," I state, taking his hand. We walk out of the prison they call school and head to Sunnyside Trailer Park.

JUG'S POV

Just she waits.

Hey Squad!!! This was requested by Shannon1300. Don't forget to vote and dm your requests #Nosmut😆 Ok byeeee X