Lies to Love//Sweetpea

Sweetpea POV

I looked across the bar downing my third drink of the night where I saw Y/N talking to Jughead Jones, her brother. I don't know what was going through my mind tonight. She just seemed different, a good different, perfect you could say.

Ew, am I drunk? Probably. We've only seen each other from a distance besides assisting each other during rumbles but that doesn't matter, she's Jughead's sister and he won't let me anywhere near her.

I go over to the arcade games after Y/N leaves where Jughead is playing Pac-man, "Jug, let me talk to her please," I beg. "Look Sweetpea. As much as we're friends, I'm warning you to stay away. The last guy she dated treated her like shit, ever since then she's been scared to date again so please don't ask her out." He says not looking up.

"Dammit," He grumbled as a blue ghost killed him. "Bye Sweetpea," Jug says walking away as I groaned.

I just need one conversation with her and maybe she can realize not all men are douchebags.

•••••••••••••••

That night I couldn't sleep as I kept thinking about her. Her eyes. Her smile. Her laugh. Ugh. Everything beautiful in their own way. I decided to go on a run to clear my thoughts, I pulled on a gray tank and just decided to go in sweatpants.

Y/N POV

"Jug seriously just let me talk to him!" I persisted. All these nights of making eye contact with Sweetpea across the bar and Jug won't let us talk. "No Y/N/N! He's a drunk and a cheater , he's dating like four girls at the moment and he'll just break your heart! Ever since mom died and dad got arrested, they told me to look after you! I'm protecting you, please trust me!" He yelled. "Maybe I can make my own decisions!" I yell back before running out. "Where are you going!" He shouted out the door. "On a run!" I call.

I started running, tears started pouring. And for why? Everything in life. I don't even know where I was going but I had to leave the trailer, I had to let my mind wonder.

Soon enough I found my way to Fox Forest and ran into a tree. A soft tree, what?

"Y/N/N? Why are you crying?" I hear a voice say as someone hugged me. I didn't even care who they were, I just cried into their chest. After a few minutes I pulled away and came face to face with none other than Sweetpea.

"I- I had to leave the house. Jugs flooding my head with things I don't want to hear." I wipe my tears. "What is he saying?" He says quietly. "He's telling me things about the person I like and I like him too much to believe him." I say.

He looked confused so I went on, "He's telling me things like how you're a cheater and a drunk and dating like four girls," His eyes widen a little. "Yea Pea I like you and it frustrates me that I don't know if he's lying," I say crumpling my fists into balls.

He exhaled and looked around. "He's told me that you dated a guy who was an asshole and ruined all relationships for you," he said meeting my eyes. I laughed, "I can very well assure you that I have never dated anyone. Reason why? Beats me."

"Well I can very well assure you that I've dated only two girls but not at the same time. I'd never do that to someone," He says. "So he lied to both of us," I whisper. "Yeah," Sweetpea whispered back, "So would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asked after a minute. I smiled, "Yes," I responded with a exhaled laugh.

I hugged his tank claded, toned chest, "Can I kiss you?" He asked softly. I smiled and looked up, "Sure," His warm, soft lips connected with mine and it just felt right, yanno?

We pulled away as we heard rustling from behind a tree, "Y/N?" I hear a familiar voice say. "Kevin?" I ask looking at him, "What are you doing here?" I ask as he looks around, "I'm meeting a guy," he says hesitantly. "A guy?" I repeat, "Yea he should be getting here soon." Kevin responded.

More rustling came as the guy I assumed he was going to meet ran into the moonlight and hugged him, "Kevin there you are! I couldn't find you, I thought you set me up," The guy joked. "Fangs!?" Sweetpea and I exclaimed at the same time. "Oh my goodness guys I-" He starts but gets cut off by Sweetpea, "You're hooking up with a Northsider at 1 in the morning!?" He exclaimed.

"I guess so but hey, you can't say much considering Y/N/N." Fangs said. I felt Sweetpea warm hand on my waist. I scoffed, "Ok A) my mom was a Northsider and my dad was a Southsider and B) Pea and I weren't hooking up but we'll leave you two to." I say turning around and dragging Sweetpea with me.

"Y/N/N where are we going?" He asked after we walked a few minutes. "We gotta confront Jug about us and how he lied to us." I say. "Woah woah woah," Sweetpea says stopping in my way. "What's wrong? Someone scared of my 5'4 brother?" I joke. "No I-" he starts, "We goin?" I say as I took off in a run. "Gosh darn it Jones get back here!" He yells as he takes off after me.

•••••••

I reach my house with Sweetpea and open the door, "Jug," I say. "What the hell Y/N/N really?" Jughead stood up from the couch, "After everything he's done!?" He starts. "Jug stop. We all know Pea hasn't done anything and neither have I. So why did you lie?" I ask.

He looks defeated. Lol, as he should be, "I-I didn't want to lose my two best friends to each other, I didn't want to feel shut out," Jug said. "Juggie we'd never do that to you, I love you but sometimes you can be a real asshat," I laugh. He smiles, "Sorry guys, I was just thinking about myself." He apologizes.

"It's fine, just know I'd never hurt her," Sweetpea says which makes me smile. "That better be a promise," Jug says give him a bro hug. I sigh, "Ok I'm going to show him out Jug."

Sweetpea and I walk outside and I shut the door, "This was one crazy event filled night," He says as I shut the door. I laugh, "Yes it has been. Pick me up tomorrow at 7," I say before kissing his cheek and walking inside, leaving behind one 6'3 blushing boy.

WOOWWWWW this was longer then I thought it would. What's y'all think of Kevin and Fangs coming in XD. I hope you enjoyed this and thank you to Chanelypop for requesting this and helping me get over writers block! Don't forget to vote, comment thoughts, and dm requests! X