chapter thirteen

the nurse came in to check a few things. i felt so confused by my emotions. i just needed some time alone.

"alright y/n, we're going to monitor you for another night and then you're free to go home. i'm sure you're excited to see your girlfriend," she said smiling.

"we're actually in a bit of a situation right now," i said while twiddling my fingers.

"i'm sure you two will figure it all out," she replied.

"i hope," i said.

she left and i turned on my phone. i had a few texts from finneas.

finneas: hey y/n. i know what's happening is really hard right now. billie isn't taking it very easily. she's just been sitting in her room and writing a song to cope. i'm not trying to guilt trip you, i'm just telling you the truth. i love you as my friend and i hope everything works out well.

                                            y/n: hey finneas. thank you for everything. i just needed some time to realize everything. i love you.

i turned on the tv.

"billie eilish and her girlfriend y/n y/l/n were spotted at a party last night where apparently there was a shoo-," the news reporter said before i quickly changed the channel.

i couldn't stand hearing about it. my phone buzzed. it was a text from my friend allison.

allison: hey. i heard about last night, your mom told me. i know we haven't hung out in forever but i still love you so much. you're my best friend. i'd love to see you before tour. text me whenever. :)

                              y/n: hey allison. i'd love to hang out when i'm out of the hospital. i miss you a lot. thanks for checking in. <3

allison was my closest friend. when i graduated high school, i lost most of my friends. the reason being is that i graduated a year early. and i'm glad i did.

without it, i wouldn't be going on tour with billie soon. anyway, back to allison.

allison hasn't been in my life as much as she used to. mostly because of my traveling with billie and she still has school. i'm glad she's stayed with me though. she was one of the first friends i came out to and she was fully supportive.

i decided to try and get to rest and put my phone on the table. i got, or tried to get comfortable.

i woke up and it was morning. my mom came in at the perfect time.

"hi y/n," my mom said.

"hey mom," i said happily.

"how do you feel?" she asked me.

"i'm feeling better," i replied.

"good. the nurse said you can leave in about an hour," she said.

this made my stomach drop. i was so nervous to confront billie.

after thinking for a while, i felt terrible for what i said. there's no way she'd be able to protect me 100% and i should have realized that. i miss her a lot.

my mom sat in the chair and she just went on her phone and so did i.

billie had posted a picture of a black screen with the caption 'when the party's  over out monday.'

how could she come up with a song so fast. was it a hate song against me? was she even going to forgive me? this drove me insane.

my mom noticed my worried face.

"what's wrong, don't lie," she said.

"b-billie's coming out with a new song and i think it's about me," i said scared.

"baby, i know she would never write a song to hurt you. she loves you very much, she even told me. i think you should talk to her when we go home today," she suggested.

"okay," i replied anxiously.