chapter eighteen

a/n this is kinda long, i don't know. it's kinda pointless, but next chapter will hopefully be more fun. i got some good plans for this book now so yay.

billie's first show happened to be in los angeles which is where we live. i was excited because i didn't want to travel super far right in the beginning or tour.

with los angeles traffic, it could take like an hour just to get to the venue. gotta love it.

"alright first show on tour!" maggie said excitedly as we all got on the bus.

"fuck yes!" billie shouted.

"i am so sorry for her language," patrick said before smacking his own head jokingly.

"i've heard worse," my mom said with a chuckle.

"they've done worse too," finneas joked under his breath.

"finneas shut up," i said before slapping the back of his neck.

"okay okay," he put his hands up in a silly matter.

i went and sat down in the lounge. apparently it was billie's favourite spot on the bus because it was calming. she loved to watch the rain drop onto the vehicle.

i started to feel sad all of a sudden. maybe it was because i was starting my period soon, or maybe because of what happened with allison. she was my only true friend. well, other than billie, but everyone needs more friends.

"you okay mamas?" billie asked me before sitting next me.

everyone else was just putting their stuff in their bunks and getting situated.

"i'm just upset about allison. she used to be my best friend and all of a sudden she turned on me," i said with a frown.

"i know baby. i really wish i could have gotten to know the old her. but you know what?" billie asked me.

"what?" i asked, still sad.

"you always got me, finneas, claudia, elijah, and issac," she said smiling before putting my hair behind my hair and kissing my forehead.

"yup you always got us," finneas said with his arm around claudia.

"thanks guys," i said with a grin.

we all did a group hug and it made me sort of emotional. i loved them so much. what would i do without them?

they went to another spot in the lounge and did their own thing. our parents were still being the parents they are by getting everything settled.

billie and i just sat on the couch. we acted like fools, as usual.

"billie and finneas, you two need to be at sound check in a few get ready," maggie said.

as billie got changed she told me a bunch of stuff about the last show she did. i could tell she was excited. that made me happy.

"i forgot to tell you this like the dingus i am, but eli, issac, and danielle will be there too so you can hang out with them if you want," she explained.

"okay i'll think about it, i may just want with my mom," i responded.

"okay. yeah, you don't have to anything you don't want to," she replied.

she finished getting ready and her and finneas were gone at soundcheck.

"we'll head out for the show in about 45 minutes," my mom said to claudia and i.

"sounds good," i replied.

i went with claudia to go get my bag of clothes. i decided to take a shower. i mean, i wanted to look good. it was the first time i was going to see billie and finneas perform.

i hopped into the shower and did my regular thing. i got out and blow dried my hair. then i straightened it.

i changed into a shorter black, loose-fitting dress. i never really wore dresses, but like i said, this night was special for me.

i heard a knock on the door. it was claudia.

"hey do you mind if i do my makeup in here?" she asked with her makeup bag in her hand.

"yeah sure go ahead," i said.

i started to put one of my earrings in while she started a conversation.

"so i know we don't talk a lot, but you seem pretty cool," she said.

"so do you," i said with a chuckle.

"so what do you like to do for fun or whatever?" she asked me.

"i actually enjoy singing, billie hasn't figured that out yet," i said.

"oh my gosh can i hear you?" she asked excitedly.

"uh i get super nervous but i can try," i said.

"yeah do whatever you want," she said kindly.

i started singing a song i came up with a while ago. it didn't have a name or anything. it was just— it.

"oh my gosh you're so good," she squealed.

"thank you," i said before heating up.

i had never really sang in front of anyone. claudia made me feel comfortable though. not in a weird way, a friend way.

we continued doing our makeup and just chatting away. we talked about billie, finneas, and just our lives.

"girls we have to leave soon," i heard maggie.

"okay we're almost done," claudia said.

"damn girl billie is gonna go crazy for you," she said before faking a scoff.

"oh hush," i said before lightly slapping her arm jokingly.