chapter fifteen

a/n yes i say this every time, but it's short and i apologize. okay, bye now.

i knocked at the door with my mom standing next to me.

maggie and finneas answered the door.

"hey y/n," the both said smiling.

they both gave me a hug and let my mom and i in. they went to the kitchen to go mingle. claudia actually wasn't there for once, i was surprised.

"i'm so happy you're alright," finneas said before hugging me once again. "and claudia isn't here because i thought you'd like it if it was just the closest people," he said with a grin.

"thank you for understanding me. i really appreciate it," i said.

he helped up the stairs and nodded at me.

i knocked at the door and i had never been more nervous. i was more anxious than when billie and i first met.

"hey billie. it's y/n," i said before leaning my arm on the door.

"come in," she said in a quiet voice.

i opened the door. she looked completely distressed. it broke my heart ultimately.

she patted the spot next to her on the bed to signal me to sit there.

"i'm so sor-," she began but i cut we off.

"do not be sorry billie. i'm such a fucking idiot for what i said. i've never felt so bad," i said before letting out a cry.

"i'm sorry. i broke my promise," she said.

"you didn't brake your promise. there was no way you'd be able to protect me 100%," i said.

we just looked at each other in the eyes for a few seconds. i missed her eyes.

"i just want you to know that i do want to be with you. and we don't have to rush and get back in right now, but-," i said before she cut me off by kissing me.

this was the most passionate kiss i've ever had with her. i felt so comforted.

she pressed her forehead against mine.

"i love you and i want to be with you," she said while looking directly into my eyes.

"i love you too," i said before kissing her again.

we just sat there for a minute, enjoying each other's presence.

"i have a question," i spoke.

"what's up," she replied.

"so about your song, is it like a hate song against me or is-," i said before she cut me off.

"y/n i would never write a song to hate on you. it's about what happened. no hate," she said smiling.

my phone buzzed.

"it's my mom," i said with a chuckle.

mom: hey just making sure everything is going alright!

i replied with a picture of billie kissing me on the cheek.

i heard finneas yell 'awww' from all the way up there. he still had all the jokes.

i missed this. i missed all of them. i'm glad i'm back. and tour starts in three days.:)