CHAPTER 3 - THE NIGHT

James went to an exclusive billionaire's pub with his best and favourite cousin Lorenz. The usual place they call it the best for spending good times to kill the long shitty day. According to his cousin, it's the best vault where pretty gems are easy to find and put into good use. But they were those gems that come and go without pressures. They didn't even need for a hassle dumping which they haven't done before. Maybe, never to James. Women come to his feet, stay for momentary bliss and then leave satisfied. Both parties always get to have fair shares of enjoyment without doing any effort on his part of making them swoon over him. He is endowed with his own natural male attraction that women can't resist. But that didn't mean he is not good in analyzing the situation and speculating any underlying circumstance. He is wise and keen enough to identify women carrying hidden agenda. Being so, he had set boundaries but not for the sake of morality alone but more for the most important detail. He knew when things were off; when women were trying to step in his personal territory for a very advantageous reason... Marriage. Sad to say but it was not his thing. Absolutely not after what had happened two years ago.

They were both having a good chilling time to relieve themselves from work stress when Lorenz pressed the topic about his cousin's silly game with a particular woman he never plan to introduce. For Lorenz, it was not the typical James he knew. He would never play that long if he's not into her. There must be something budding off that makes the issue more intriguing. Despite what had happened two years ago, James didn't show any reluctance in getting involve with women who categorically belong to short-term dalliance. But that was his flair and this one, instead, is something tucked away that makes him look oddly not him.

"Hey man! Are you sure you're really into it?"

James knew what his cousin was referring about. Sometimes, it irritates him a lot why the hell did he need to tell him some of his whereabouts. It is not like he's actually damn serious about it; it's nothing, really.

"Look, it is way too far from getting serious. Maybe, considering it as part of my past times, I'm having fun you know... No strings attached. No relationships. Better be off that way, just for keeps."

"Yeah, I know you well! Why not get her number, meet her somewhere and shoot! Get into her pants and after the satisfaction bid her goodbye. It is your mastery!"

Lorenz was laughing real hard.

The idea was inviting. But he's not going that low. It's too cheap for his taste. Women were always the one throwing themselves at him and not the other way around. He will never bend his chosen track and change his direction over this kind of amusement. If anything, he is more compelled in keeping it straightly that way as his classical routine of entertainment. He will never worry of getting bored since women are varied. He is rather proud to brag about the continuous ignition of his reputation without decreasing the sultry aspect of his private life where no one is allowed to step in. Women are all in queue but will remain outside the border of his most private intimacy.

"By the way dude... I heard that uncle Tom just hired a very pretty lady to work for him in the finance department in one of your publishing companies. They say she's so young and witty. She's every man's favourite... so how is she? Do rumors gave credit or was it just an empty hype?"

James detected that Lorenz swiftly changed the topic. Good. That means he had learned a lesson. Why he should! His cousin wont get any further story from him. Going back to what Lorenz had just asked, he was appalled that he had never heard that news from anyone in the family. Moreover, it was quite unusual that his mother didn't mention anything about it. She's always been the undefeated and crowned story-teller and matchmaker. James remembered those countless times of her attempt in looping him with their friends' daughters while his sister, to save him, painstakingly counteracts their mother's antics by making her own impish strategem.