CHAPTER 23 - THE FREAKING INTERROGATION

Elizabeth's POV...

I didn't get enough sleep after I came home from the party last night. I couldn't forget how I cried and ran away from that bastard billionaire. I loathe him! He took my first kiss! He ruined my dream of giving that first kiss to my prince charming. I know that was childish but that was what I wanted. Good thing that Lorenz didn't notice anything from me. He took me home after that incident-- or I should rather say a nightmare... I told him I was really tired.

The following day, I was not sure if I should come to work or not but I chose to come since I have no choice. I can't let that incident affect my life and my work. I didn't want to get any record of absence without relevant reason and deduct it in my salary. My salary is high, I know that but there's no point in not coming to work for no valid reason.

I prayed hard not to bump in my boss. Believe me, I don't know how will I look at him. Apart that I detest him that much, I admit that there's also an embarrassment that I couldn't contain from yesterday's incident. Because however I reason out and at any angle I look, there is still the big argument that I had let him kiss me in the first place and I liked it.

I arrived at the parking lot of the company. Thank goodness that he hasn't yet arrived. I was saved. His car was nowhere to be found. I entered the building and to confirm my suspicion right, I asked the receptionist if the boss is in and she said no. I thanked her and then hurriedly made my way up to the highest floor. When I came to my office I opened my laptop and see if there were mails. I had wish that the day ends so fast and the coming days spin tightly that I could no longer remember that moment when I take my leap to another chapter. But tomorrow is another short Sunday so I had to set a plan to keep myself busy. I had to stay away from that thought and get over with that kiss. I need to steer clear of him.

I remembered that I need to call Lorenz. I was dubious if I had thanked him enough yesterday. I was not in the mood anymore when I asked him to take me home. That jerk ruined my night!

"Hello... Lorenz thank you again for the kindness you did last night. I truly had a good time... I enjoyed the night! Especially the dancing..."

I burst going back over what had happened to him. I had enjoyed his company and at the same time had taken pity on how many times I injured his toes.

"No... the boss hasn't yet arrived here. I don--"

I was interrupted by a ding in my laptop. There's a mail... speaking of the devil! It was from him and so I had to read it.

I will not be around today. Cancel my meeting with Mr. Duval.

"I got a mail just now... yep! From him... he'll not come today. I don't know. Tomorrow? Yeah I am free, why? I can ask her if she could come with us... Yeah, sure! I will... Thanks again Lorenz... see you tomorrow."

And I ended the call.

Oh thank you, thank you dear heaven for being with me today!! It is a gift he won't be here. At least I could work peacefully.

I did everything what was needed to be done. There were congratulatory letters that I forwarded them all to his email personal address. I received some calls from two departments and so I was obliged to make a call to his private number. I was tensed at first but when I heard a registered voice operator to leave a message for him, I felt relieved.

The day ended with no hassles. I was stretching my arms and starting to pack my things to get ready to go home when I received another mail from him.

Call the Adelaine's Flower shop and ask them to prepare a bunch of flowers of different kinds. Should be sent this evening around 8pm. And put this dedication: