CHAPTER 70 - DISENTANGLE

Elizabeth's POV...

I can't believe I didn't get the chance to see him. I was looking at the flowers I have in my hand as I enter the house.

"Lizzy! Why so early, dear?"

"We didn't get to meet according to plan--"

"Meet, who? Eric? Well, he could have had even come here--"

"No, mom. I'm not talking about Eric."

"Who, then? I get that it's a man by the way how I see that thing in your arm. Lizzy, don't tell me your flirting around--"

"What?? The hell no, mom!"

"Then tell me..."

"I... I went to visit the Lacock Abbey and stayed for a short while in the cloister garden."

"I see... but I don't believe you bought that flowers for yourself."

"No. Someone gave this bouquet but it was sent to me by the little boy in the garden. I asked him to whom it came from and he was telling and pointing about the man he said was standing at the bushes but I didn't get to see anyone."

"Someone is deadly in love with you Lizzy!"

I just rolled my eyes from my mother's squeal. I asked one of the maidens in the manor to prepare a vase and arrange the flowers. I was not yet ready to tell my parents about my secret chat pal. I know they will never approve that kind of thing. For sure my mother will scold and ask me angrily if that was part of those what I had learned in London, the city life. Ah! If they only had any idea how the hell Abi tried and tagged me along with her, enjoy the night and have fun till we're both wasted.

Oh, how I miss Abigail and Lorenz!

He didn't had the opportunity to meet me. Unluckily his car had a serious disruption and was needed to be towed and be repaired. He said that in his chat. But he could've had told me earlier and so I could have been the one to fetch him where he got stuck. I know it sounds crazy but I asked him if he sent someone to give me flowers and he said no. Then who could that be?

I don't know if it's only me but I do feel like as days pass, everything is getting weird... No news from Eric. I tried calling him for god knows how many times but my calls just bounce back. The constant delivery of different flowers that were really excessively and dramatically arranged in giant bouquets or in vases. Someone is really investing a good amount on these. Sometimes, I catch mom and dad exchanging silly looks. I don't want to get nosy but I suspect that something is off and I'm the odd one out here.

There were times when I was crazily surfing through the internet, looking for the languages of the flowers. I couldn't believe I was doing that. Everytime the flowers were delivered, my mom always says that someone is sending a message through the flowers and as much as I wanted to bug her, I tried resisting to ask. I know that she'll throw me endless teases.

A bunch of purple heathers one time and the net said it means admiration... a secret love from white gardenias... a basket full of daffodils and it says, I'm the only one... and yesterday, I've got loads of dandelions and the meaning I found from google has left me of something to ponder. Dandelion means being faithful or it could mean hopes and dreams that come true. But this words are the ones that made me lost for thoughts...

Life is tenacious and delicate and we have only one chance to make the most of it.

I know, I get to live only once in this life... what happened to me from the accident was a chance and it gave me another life maybe because there is something that wasn't yet fulfilled. And I exactly know what thing is that. The one that I was trying to hold back... the one that I couldn't free myself from.