CHAPTER 64 - THE BROKEN STRING

Elizabeth's POV...

I knocked on his wooden door.

"Come in."

After that intimate kiss a while ago in the kitchenette, I wanted to confront him but the other side of me wanted to defend him, instead. For some valid reasons, I didn't know why. Maybe I was at fault that moment. I had let him take over my vulnerability. I had let him kiss me because I admit that I love the way he does it to me. But then like I said, I could have had asked him. Why does he love stealing a promising kiss from me? We haven't had any talk for a long while, there were no explanations heard between us. He began moving away from me. He placed a distance between our spot... so why all of a sudden, he came near, made me weak inside and then left me with an intruiging mark of his lips.

"Your coffee, Mr. Anderson."

"Thank you."

He didn't even grant me a look. He was busy writing, whatever was that, in a clean sheet of paper.

I stood still for a second, waiting if there was anything he would order me to do. But since, the moment was silent, I bravely decided to ask him about what he did some minutes ago.

"James... why did you--"

"Miss Hemmington, you said that the interview will be held around ten o'clock, right?"

"Ah, y-yeah... that was according to Miss Duran whom you have agreed with. But she asked a time frame if ever she couldn't make it on time and you gave her until twelve noon."

"Good."

"James--"

"Here, take this Miss Hemmington. Please type this for me and make twenty copies."

"O-okay..."

I took the paper he handed me. That was my second attempt to ask him but I don't know if he was trying to avoid hearing my questions. Or should I accept that what had just happened in the kitchenette meant nothing to him. That I was the only one demanding too much about the fuss.

I didn't say another word. It was clear that he wanted me to leave so I just turned around and approached the door but before I could disappear from his sight, he informed me of something that had made me more uneasy.

"Miss Hemmington, I also invited my fiancée to come over and attend the interview."

------0------

That was the most shocking thing I have heard today. It had blocked all my senses that I even didn't know how I have returned into my office. When I got back, all I saw was myself sitting in my swivel and typing what he asked of me to do.

I couldn't remember what was my reaction after hearing what he had announced. The only thing that had filled my head were those words continuously echoing until now.

My fiancée...

He really claims her as his very own woman.

When will I ever stop dreaming that I and James were really a thing. That our past had long gone with the winds. Maybe, he had gone tired of chasing and bringing back the memories we had shared fifteen years ago. But I didn't mean to forget them. I just don't know what had happened... why the memories faded. I am only starting to recollect them just recently.

Thirty minutes had passed and I was still working in front of the screen. It wasn't a long writing page but I was distracted that I couldn't maintain my head working straight.

She will be here. How am I going to act in front of her... in front of them?

Just like what I said an hour ago... that every time he kisses me, something not good is about to happen. Now, all I have to do is wait for it to take place.