CHAPTER 12 - WITH US

Before James left the country he decided to visit the office and make sure that everything is under control just the way he always wanted it to be. If there's something that was bothering him that morning, it was his indecisiveness over one particular person-- whether he should let her assistant know that his presence will not be around for some days or rather let his parents pass on the news about his business trip. His concern over the matter was as unvaried rocking as Newton's cradle which continuously swings back and forth inside his moral sense.

That was crazy, he thought. If he hadn't let his parents get in his way over this side of the matter, he didn't have to be dealing with the situation this way. He felt obliged to do a kind of bearing with so much objection which by any chance can create a pull-off effect from his close-grained discipline. He demanded not to get close to any point of possibility in hitting an ill-defined path that could lead astray his firm and attached countenance. After what he had been through in the past, he vowed that it will never happen again and his effort to keep wide awake from the force and pain of reality is the most observed detail in his life and must be put in a spotlight.

He usually doesn't have such qualms over a petty thing like that but then he knew that he will be left with no choice. It was a damn consequence being the center subject of a situation fully out of his control because if ever there is the right way of shaping the turn of event, it was he who must be stepping the fore and doing the maneuver and not the one being forced to accept the choice already made. So that was it, no other person next to him is in charge of doing all the works during his absence but the lady occupying the other room. Fully annoyed with his current detestable state because it wasn't made sound and absolutely not fitted in line with what his ego had set to accomplish, he picked up his note pad and wrote down a brief message.

I will be out of my state and for that matter I'll still have my eyes on you so make sure to keep everything exemplary. We have confusion intolerance here and whether you like it or not, you must keep that thing chiselled.

After writing down a rather terse note which he didn't care how she would hold to react-- after all, it was not a strange scheme since he is used of applying it to all of his subordinates-- he immediately brought it to her office. The first thing that caught his attention was a chain of surprisingly addicting scents gliding all the way his nostrils. There was no air freshener in her room so it must be possibly hers. The scents are pleasantly sublime, no doubt. They were not heavily feminine but there was a hint of pureness; very innocent. His nose took the time to savour the pleasure lingering around. They gave him a mixed sensation of freedom, peace inside and a stability of thoughts. He is quite sure that it was not an olfactory hallucination and if so, he wouldn't hesitate to stay a little longer and enjoy those particular sensations. But then, the purpose of setting foot in her office immediately dawned on him like a bucket of ice causing the fire burning temptation run cold. Peccato for the short-lived enrapture! He left the note pad in her table and rushed out instantly.

Damn! There is no truce yet.

Those words came out from his head burning like a molten lava.

---------------0----------------

Meanwhile, James' mother was in the house with no plan of visiting her building that day. Instead, his father left early for the company's errand. They were both absorbed in helping out his sister for the charity ball which was to be held four days from the current day. Although her mother was the one continuously prowling day after day for the plight of the charity, his father was obviously way much excited. He had no idea what holds his father's heart for the coming event since he was not the kind to show any anticipated emotion unlike her mom who is always transparent that it doesn't take much to guess what she was expecting to happen especially when series of events fall according to her plan.