CHAPTER 41 - SHE CAN'T BE SERIOUS!

Elizabeth's POV...

It's Monday morning. I entered the elevator. Today is different. I come to the office but I didn't come to work. I have other thing in mind and I think it is the best thing I need to do today. I pressed the usual number which I do habitually everytime I enter this wealthy empire.

The elevator closed and started lifting up. I looked on one side in the purpose of examining my reflection on the glass wall. I can see the gloomy shadow in my eyes. Yeah, I cried a lot after Jerry took me home. Nobody knew what had happened last night except me and that arrogant beast. There was no acute point to let anyone know about it. After I cried so hard I made the wisest decision before I went to sleep and when I woke up early this morning I made myself believe that this would be the fearless thing that I can do for today.

I made myself very pleasant. I wore one of my best dresses and garbed myself with the highest spirit I can get. Whatever be the outcome this morning, it can't break down my penchant for harnessing the power of humour that I have learned a very long time ago.

The elevator dinged and it opened widely as if it was welcoming me into another dimension. I made a step forward and the elevator behind me closed. I took a deep breath and then I started heading my target door. I made a promise that I will look straight to his eyes and give him my best composure as if I wasn't the girl he wounded last night. Today I am a fine, mighty lady with a stout defence and a heart unscathed.

I knocked but no one answered. I turned the knob and gradually opened the door. I went inside and and there he was, sitting majestically in his pitch black throne. He's looking at me so intently with both arms crossed over his chest as if he was really expecting this encounter.

As much as my eyes wanted to admire the statue sitting ahead, I fought hard to maintain a clear head. If he only happened to be another person opposite to all of his ill-mannered ways, it could have been different. Maybe my eyes could have admired him to eternity. I could have even zoned out at this very moment. But speaking of zoning out by his attractive physique and strikingly handsome face, before it happens any time soon, I handed out a white envelop I briefly took from my bag.

He looked at the white thing I have in my extended hand for just a nanosecond and reverted back his eyes on me without changing his composure.

Sorry dear, but I won't change mine either.

He outstretched his once crossed arm only to place them on his table. One hand started tapping his fingers very slowly over the glass covering the surface of his table.

"Tsk... well, well... a love letter?? I never thought, Miss Hemmington, that you could be that bold to send me that one."

"Why? Is this the first time that you will be receiving a love letter from someone like me? Well, Mr. Anderson, if the idea of having a first time makes you anxious, don't be... everyone has their firsts and luckily you are not the first."

I didn't falter my good mood from hearing derisive remarks from him. I am quite fascinated to see the outcome of this morning. Since he didn't move an inch to take my resignation letter, I placed it on his table right in the middle of his two rested arms without diverting my eyes to any direction but only to his.

"Do tell me what sweet declaration you have inside this envelop?"

He said with a wry smile.

"It is filled with words that will make all your desires come true."

Since he seemed enjoying this satirical dialogue, I thought of going with the flow just like surfing. I will ride along with his wavy sarcasm but reassuring myself to remain standing on my board.