CHAPTER 6 - WHAT THE HELL

James' POV...

I didn't understand why my vexation brought me here. I was standing while glorifying outside the altitude of the building right in front of my eyes. From the ground up to the highest floor where the atop edges seemed almost touching the clouds. It was one of our publishing companies, the Anderson Publishing Co. I hoped that my mother's presence is outside the premises. If not, she will probably interrogate me of my sudden visit.

Upon entering the building everybody greeted me. I can see through my peripheral vision how women giggled at my sudden presence while others are already drooling and fantasizing me. Sorry but I'm not in my best interest to respond them with my charming wink. I'm still under the steamy offense of the moment. I entered the elevator and understood clearly that no one dared to come along with me so I pinged the button that will bring me, of course, to the uppermost floor of the building. Few minutes later, the elevator chimed out and slided open. I stepped out and noticed that the door on the left side of the hallway closed. My eyes didn't caught who have just entered but I know that it is the main office of the finance department of this building. Then suddenly I was greeted by a very lovely lady in front of me.

"Hey young man! What's up? Isn't it strange to see you here? Have you lost your way?"

I realized that it was my sister. I thought she was in Paris with his husband.

"Oh Elliana! What a surprise! When did you return?"

"James, isn't it rude to disparage a question by another question? You're changing the topic. And for the sake of informing you, I have just arrived earlier than expected so I decided to pay mom a visit. She has this non stop talking of complimenting the newbie over the phone. I would say she has all the reasons! I can see how mom is doing great. She's more relaxed than the last time I saw her. She said the lady is very efficient and reliable. Honestly, she's worth the job position."

Then after a long prattle, she came near my ear and whispered.

"...I think she's a real beauty. Maybe that's the reason why all of a sudden you're here. What do you think?"

First and foremost, her assumption was wrong and; second, there's nothing new about mom. She's always like that, easily frenzied by a newly caught precious stone from a stash. She's more like an industry that is quick to hype her favourite product. However, I would love to see that gem. I think I need to see the new comer.

"Actually, I had a word with dad this morning and I suppose you already know why I suddenly got a change of heart. I swear, I didn't mean to stop by here. I just don't understand why my feet brought me of all the places I could ever be but here. Perhaps, it's true that at the end of the day after the world has stripped off all your force, you will return to the only person who could annoy your soul to death and yet could make you come close to the home where you belong."

"Sounds like you really had a steamy head start with dad. Never mind him, he's getting old and so do mom. Sometimes, they become so dramatic that our nerves can't hold a grip. Patience James. I know you love them just how much you hate them annoying you."

You see that? That's why I love being in her company. My sister knows when I am likely to be feeling inward and withdrawn caused by unwanted resources of disagreeable emotions. She always puts more effort than needed to empathize my situation and knows when to give me space to take my own chances to listen to my own instinct just to pull away and focus on what really is stirring inside of me. She's an ideal sister.

"You know, mom is waiting for you inside her office."

She added before walking past me heading towards the elevator.