CHAPTER 7 - WHO'S THE GUY

Elizabeth's POV...

I found myself sitting on a stool of the building's canteen. My feet took me there without realizing how swiftly I made it. I started contemplating what had just happened; what I did upstairs. I couldn't believe it! I was heaving in disorientation. Where did I pull out the gut to finally put down someone in this building? Yeah, men here are nice but sometimes their antics are really penetrating wild into my nerves. I was never taught to act rude to anybody. I think Abigail was right. Sometimes, I need to pluck my courage to make that powerful portal open for me to better resonate my call for boundaries and be a little impolite to let them know that it isn't okay anymore. Everything has its toll.

Hi! How are you! I am Sam... are you free tonight?

I'm Patrick! Can I get your number?

Do you have a boyfriend?

You're damn sexy... I think I'm already drooling...

What a nice ass you have!

Blah blah blah...

Those were some of the few annoying preambles! I acknowledged that some of them were gentlemen but most were highly-marked jerks! I was not a snob. I just didn't find any liking to men who keep on bugging me around as if it was the most satisfactory amusement. I was not a man- hater, either. I can foretell through my heightened senses if a guy has a good intention or he only wanted to take me to bed. I know exactly the difference.

"Hi Eli! Why alone in here?"

That's Mary, my colleague. As a matter of fact, I didn't understand what made me fit in the position I am currently occupying in the finance department of Mrs. Anderson's publishing company. If I could remember clearly, my scholastic background was the only vital thing that had adorned much my curriculum vitae. My working experience had nothing to do with her company. There was no way that my previous job from the cafeteria had any relevance here but I owe a great experience. Although the salary was modest, I didn't have minimal complain. It had covered my basic needs. But Mary, being a straight employee for four years and who, for all I know, has the better familiarity in this venture --thanks to experiences and mentoring of the proprietor of this company-- remain in her position.

There was no rivalry between us. She assured me of that. She said once, that analytical procedures, numbers, and logic were out of her league. She was never cut for that pursuit. She chose to remain in her classical approach and believed that her position in the company is the best background for continuing her professional development.

"Hi Mary... uhm, nothing. I'm just trying to retrieve myself from the irritation a while ago. I need to reframe my laid-back from those distractions."

"Oh... Why? Got another same antics from the guys?"

" Yeah, sort of..."

I threw an abrupt smile then decided to compose myself. It wasn't really a strong pressure-ridden situation. I have over-reacted maybe.

"Okay. I see... so you came here to break free and nudge for a quieter moment alone. I understand that. Don't worry, they will soon get tired of you especially when it gets clear that you have no any special attention to offer more than being a friend and a co-worker... Well, change the topic. Did you hear that Mrs. Anderson's son had just visited here a few moments ago? Gosh! Everybody here is thrilled of his sudden call and why not? He's every girl's dream! And every guy here wishes to be like him. My bad I didn't see him around before he left."

"Aren't you a little exaggerating Mary? Who is he? Beside his parents, he's not the son of God. Maybe if I had the chance I would have definitely greeted him with due respect as equally as the way how I treat everyone whether they are the superiors or not."