CHAPTER 29 - I ADMIT...

James' POV...

I looked at the clock and it struck at 7:50 AM. I have been burying myself here with these papers for almost two hours. I decided to go out for a moment and make some random inspection at the departments downstairs and maybe head my way further down the canteen to have some breakfast. I walked past the door where my personal assistant took her position. It was slightly open but I had the gut it was empty. Hmm... she hasn't yet arrived. Strange. Usually, she comes ahead of the official working time. I ignored her room and directed towards the elevator when my phone rang. It was Lorenz... again. What does he need this time? I turned the loud speaker on.

"What do you wan--"

"You're an asshole, man!!! Why did you do it? I thought you said yo--"

I snapped his word by my sudden anger. Why all of a sudden he was acting infuriated without saying any valid reason before hand.

"Watch your word, Lorenz! What's your problem?!!

"My problem??? You're asking what is my problem? Come to think why did I make this call and why I am scowling at you..."

"Lorenz, look... I am not in the mood if you're trying to kid me around. I am not buying it and I don--"

"I'm serious, man! Look... I don't give a damn how many women you fuck around the globe without telling me. We may be the best buddies when it comes to fucking random girls but not this time... especially when the girl is Liz."

"I told you I didn't touch her!"

"Then why her friend Abigail called to tell me that Liz woke up naked in bed? She was outrageous and accused me of being an accomplice. You have no idea how many names she called me! It was all your fault, James."

"Listen Lorenz... I didn't do anything to her. She was naked because she threw up and I couldn't leave her soaked in her vomit. I stripped off her clothes and all and called one of mom's couture to bring her new ones so that by morning she has something to wear. I touched her because I cleaned her. I did as fast as possible with the aim to leave the suite immediately. Believe me that was the most unexpected bait that had made my sanity put into compromise!"

"Abigail didn't say anything in detail. She said that Liz called her and told her how she woke up and saw herself in that condition. She said she didn't hear Liz cried, but it was clear in her voice that she was in deep sober... but Abigail being her best friend was infuriated. I was trying to explain things but she was not listening. She was insisting that it was my fault for leaving to you her best friend."

My head was starting to ache. I was wondering if it was a wrong move that I undressed her. Maybe it wouldn't have gone this complicated if I had just let her alone that way. But I can't. She was too beautiful to leave her that way-- dress crumpled and stinking from her vomit. Her face was all flushed due to the effects of alcohol. And her soft hair became a bit sticky due to the sweat caused by her relentless dancing in the center of the crowd.

That was the most generous and appropriate thing I could do to her at that moment despite the struggles I did. Her nakedness was summoning all the demons inside me and I fought hard. She was the death of me!

"Hey, James... are you still there??"

"Yes, I am."

I was contemplating.

"So?? You must do something..."

"Like what??? It is not like I committed a crime, Lorenz. And I am not guilty of what I did. Plus, she would know that I didn't do anything to her. Well... that is if she's still a virgin."