CHAPTER 46 - THE TALE

James' POV...

I don't know what was keeping her that long inside the bathroom... I don't think she got drowned inside the tub... or did she? Nah! I am just thinking stupid things.

This isn't the first time I will be lying on a bed with a woman but damn I feel a bit tensed. Why is she giving me these effects that are very unfamiliar. I mean things that I haven't felt so far with any woman I had. I am always confident and assertive of my actions when it comes to women but this time... I mean at this point in time, I am here standing... no... I am walking back and forth, thinking what to do when she appears here after having a good dose of warm shower from my bathroom.

I decided to go there, knock and ask her how is she doing.

"Elizabeth, is everything okay?"

"Y-yes... I am coming out. Just another second."

"N-no... it's okay... I was just worried if maybe you slipped or something--"

"No... I am all fine. Really, I am coming."

"Okay... If you need anything, just ask."

"Thanks."

I left. I went back to where I was, then I decided to get to bed. I think that the bed comforter will help me feel at ease, somehow. I am wearing the same white tshirt and a pair of navy blue pajama pants. I took the book I was reading from my bedside table. Maybe it's better that I busy myself in reading rather than letting my imagination plays with different scenes of her.

I heard her footsteps. I rose my head. My eyes left the page they were reading only to gaze the fair lady walking towards my direction. She's shy. Why???

She's beautiful in my tshirt. It was exceedingly big on her but seeing it covered her body up to her mid tighs, I gave an eye of admiration to her flawless and firm, long legs. It felt so heaven to see her so pretty.

"Back on earth, James..."

"Yeah! I need to get back... I thought I was in heaven seeing you like a fallen angel from the sky."

I saw her blush on my compliment. But it was the truth! I was so good in feeding women with my flowery talks although some of those words weren't true. But everything I say now to Elizabeth is a fact that makes me unsatisfied since words aren't enough to fully emphasize how ardently I admire all of her.

"Are you shy? Come here... this isn't the first time I saw you; infact this one is less triggering compared to the last time I saw you nak--"

"Stop! That's enough... I don't want to talk about it. That was embarrassing--"

"That isn't embarrassing, Elizabeth... you are blessed, instead. The heaven almost endowed you with everything that you should be proud of."

She hurriedly walked towards the other side of the bed and swiftly slided herself under the comforter.

"What are you reading, Mister Anderson?"

I know that she's trying to change our conversation. Maybe, it is better not to push the topic about her the last time when she puked caused by drinking too much alcohol.

"Nothing special... just about the modern strategies of winning a project deal."

"Okay... uhm, where's the picture?"

"The picture?? What pict--"

"The picture of the little girl you had there in your table."

"Aren't we still done with that--"

"I am just curious. You didn't answer my question."

I took a deep sigh. She is really a stubborn kid! I thought she had forgotten about it but then here she is, persistent as ever when she likes to be.