CHAPTER 30 - PURGATORY OR PARADISE?

Elizabeth's POV...

Finally, I have arrived. Though I wish to be glad, the mere fact that I'm late impeded me from the anticipation of rejoicing for relief. Upon entering in the foyer of this colossal empire, I had a sudden feeling of déjà vu. Yeah, the memory of the kiss which, unfortunately, had remained embedded in my system. I tried every possible way I know just to get rid of it but I realized that the more I go against it, the more it flares inside my head. That moment, I didn't know how to face the day and make it square. I was reluctant and the idea of facing him at any moment was troublesome. But this time, I chose not to care. I really couldn't remember anything. If he had done something to me, I must have known it but I don't feel anything weird. But still I didn't like the idea. I was not overreacting but hell it felt like he evaded my whole privacy.

I made my way through the elevator. Upon arriving at the highest floor, the devil's station, I directly headed to my office without even throwing sideway glances.

I placed my clutch bag on the file cabinet. I went to my table and pull out from my drawer the planner notebook. As I was skimming through the pages, something at the side of my vision caught my attention. I looked at it. A red colored sticky note placed over the telephone. The words were all written in capital letters.

YOU ARE LATE!!!

I HAVE A DATE... YOU PROCEED WITH THE MEETING IN THE CONFERENCE ROOM AT SHARP 9:30AM. AND SINCE I WILL NOT BE AROUND TILL 3PM YOU MEET MR. CHENG FOR A LUNCHEON MEETING.
SEE YOU IN THE AFTERNOON, SWEETY.

FROM: YOUR HANDSOME MONGREL.

Huh! The nerves with him!! I looked at the clock. I have only thirty minutes to prepare myself for the meeting. I looked at my notebook to see the agenda for his meeting and what is there to deal with Mr. Cheng, the owner of a fancy Chinese restaurant which the Andersons planned to allocate their share for the stock market. The I realized something...

HANDSOME MONGREL... shit!

I forgot to rip off those pages in his notepad!! I wrote those names out of my extreme anger that day when he rifled me with his endless commands while he was out of the country. It was true that I preferred having something to do than stare at nothing but I didn't said I wanted endless load of work. I was in a total distress that time that I didn't even had my lunch.

As much as I wanted to regret for what I did, this is not the moment. I, too, am very pissed. Honestly, I am thinking of, how about, ditching the meetings. But I came to think of Mr. Tom and Mrs. Lorena who were both loving to me. They treated me like a daughter. I cannot bring them down. That would mean I will be hurting their feelings. I felt like I'm a mouse in a trap.

Displeased as I was, I went to his office to get the things I needed to bring for the first meeting. I made a quick and thorough review of what he would be discussing when I returned to my office. I was immersed in reading when I heard a knock.

"Come in, please."

The door opened and it revealed a young man I believed was a courier based on his uniform.

"Ms. Elizabeth Hemmington?"

"Yes! It's me... How can I be of service?"

"Someone asked me to bring these flowers here for you."

As soon as he replied, he brought in the trolleys of different bunches of flowers artfully arranged. Some were in baskets and others in vases. Some were wrapped in fancy pastel colored papers, too.

"Excuse me, ahm... mind if I know who is the person behind all of these?"

I inquired politely.