CHAPTER 9 - THE TRANSFERRING

A week after that incident, Elizabeth was called by the superior for a sudden announcement that had caused an undeniable effect on her. She was assigned to work in the main office and this news was something she cannot live at the moment with an abandoned anxiety.

Right that very day, she started clearing her office, putting everything in the box. She will be transferring all her stuff to the main office before the day ends and thinking how things would go there was creating mess to her balance. She didn't have the least idea that a time like this will happen and the worst part was receiving such announcement in a shocking brevity of time. Her experience in the field was relatively limited but the Andersons give so much approval in her intellectual ability and she believes that this calls for running expectations.

She took it as a clear promotion. Mrs. Anderson explained the reason-- that it would be great if she will be working in the main office now that her son is starting to act as the chief executive. He needs someone like her. Their opinion is a hundred percent confident-based that she is the most appropriate one to become James' personal assistant since she has all the capabilities to put everything clear and well organized. She has the extreme patience to review every report even in the most subtle manner. And probably she's the only one who can handle her son's character.

Gratified is an understatement. She couldn't believe the promotion. It seemed too good to be true but Mr. and Mrs. Anderson gave their lucid confirmation causing her to become highly strung. Knowing that their son will be facing a lot of stress in his position especially by their rivals in the business industry, they opted for a strong-willed character that is in her presence. They will be keeping an eye and make sure that the decision made won't create any trouble. They are adamant that she is the person suitable to help him cope with everything... as in everything.

"Mary, I will miss you! Especially your craziness."

"Eli, it is not that you're leaving the company. You will only be transferring towers. I can visit you there every now and then and can also have some excuses to see that handsome flesh of your CEO. If they have any vacancy for the position of ogling everyday this sexy, godlike creature I'll surely send my CV and I'll take the position even without any compensation."

"Your fantasy about him is horribly getting weird! You're giving me more reasons to stress out that he's really something, huh. But I doubt to likely be in good terms with him as I am hearing ill rumours. They say he's fastidious and very perfectionist. So I have to keep away from creating any trouble with his temperament."

"Some invidious earthlings think that way but not me. I don't believe he can be harsh to you. He's just being too professional. But you know, I'm a hundred percent sure he will be enthralled by your charms. Believe me Eli, he'll be interested in you. You being close to his parents' heart is already a given and a great catch!"

"Hey, don't get me involved in your impossible fantasy! He doesn't do relationships, let alone the idea that he will significantly like me. I, compared to all the celebrities and daughters of well-known families, am nothing but a plain employee of their own mega empire clinging only to the compensation dispensed.

"Don't be a pessimist, honey... who knows? Maybe someday. If you only happened to be someone else than being my friend, I could have get envious of you too just like how other female staff here feel. But I know you love me so much and I feel the same way for you so the feeling is mutual! You know that I am your number one backer."

"You're too sweet Mary. Thanks a lot! But I really haven't seen that famous 'Greek god' you're all bragging about."

"The heaven is helping you, then. You're saved! The news made it on the right timing."