CHAPTER 25 - I DID... KISSED HER

James was awaken by his loudly ringing phone. He stumbled up and harshly took off the phone from his side table.

"Damn!!! Who's disturbing me in my only day when I could sleep some more? It is Sunday, for god sake!"

Looking at his clock, it says 10:20AM; then looking at his phone screen it was non other than Lorenz.

"Hhmmmm... What do you need?What? I don't know what you're talking about... in a website? Blind item? Look I don't understand anything in coherence... What the hell! You have already awaken me, do you think I could ever come back to sleep at this hour? okay... I'll wait.. order us some food and have a lunch here... Okay... Bye."

James closed his eyes. He was thinking if he's going back to sleep some more although that would be a struggle, or peep in at the website which his cousin told him to search. But, what's good about the article? It was just lame write up for all the tabloids' gain. Who wouldn't want to make money?

Yesterday he went on a date with a sexy model whom he had encounter several times. Good thing that she is the typical woman who just wanted to have fun along the way and demand nothing more so the no-string-attached is safe in the highway. The model is married to an old man, surely for the sake of money. But the old man had died several months ago and now she wanders around with other rich guys for some short night affairs. He couldn't remember at what time did he leave her in her mansion. He was drunk and almost wasted. Good thing he had his personal driver to take him home.

After several, silent minutes of reflecting whether to get up from bed or surf the internet, the lady he saw once at his sister's event came across his confused and sleepy head. He couldn't forget those eyes behind the mask and something stirred inside him. Those eyes were familiar. It held a likely countless faint memory. When he was with her in that feather proximity, he had a doubt if it was only him or he was actually hearing a distant whisper telling him that he had seen her before. He felt something like an eerie. He opened his eyes and stare at the ceiling. Her soft lips... The thought became an obsession to him. That night had remained clear in his vision and he was having a bit of difficulty getting over it as if it was haunting his soul. He went out with a model just to get laid and relieved, hoping it could erase the crazy thing building up in him but guess like he was having trouble about it. He needed to find that woman. If there could be one perfect cure for his agitated spirit, he believed that it is only her.

Then he decided to look up at his phone and lazily googled the website. Honestly, he didn't care how many lies were written in the article but he was pushed by his interest of gathering information about the woman who occupied his sleepless night and perhaps, the coming countless nights in the future unless he finds her. His curiosity over her mystery was intensified into an airwave by the memory of those compelling eyes. Those eyes had a resemblance of a forgotten dream. He knew those kind of looks. He really needed to find her.

He read everything written in the article and no doubt that the writer was talking about him being caught in that amusing incident. But that was not that interests him. He wanted to know who the lady was. Conveniently, he has his own ways to find her but he decided not to seek help from his private detective. He doesn't want to give the detective any idea that he is chasing this lady for a reason he couldn't quite pin. The town knows his reputation with women and using another person to come after one woman will only give rise to issues he's afraid he couldn't defend. If anything, he will probably admit and then remain silent. He can do any way he wanted to deceive the crowd but then it will never be a part of his moves when it comes to women.

He knows what people might be speculating by now as the article in the website roams around. He doesn't give a damn... Let them think whatever they wanted to.