CHAPTER 62 - LOSE SOMEBODY

Elizabeth's POV...

It has been four days since the day I returned working in the office. Everything is still the same. The receptionist, Miss Adams, whenever gets the chance to talk to me for a short while became almost like a showbiz reporter to me.

I came to know from her that my boss was in Italy not for any business matter. He was there and enjoying the trip with Amanda.

James didn't mention that he will be out of the country for a pleasure trip. Why would I care to know? When he sent me an email he said that he will be going to Italy and listed below those necessary works to be done. It was his right not to mention anything about his private life. I am just his personal assistant who is assigned to fulfill the company's work-related interests. I should have known it from the start.

What kind of a serious relationship would you be enjoying if the man you gave your consent preferred it to be in secrecy? If there was someone at fault, there is no one but me. Because I gave in to his sweet tongue. I let him take control over my feelings. I was naive. I should have remembered that he's the billionaire whom every girl would swoon even with eyes shut. I should have believed in the rumours running around. That he is a total heart breaker.

"Good morning Ms. Hemmington!"

From that re-engagement issue of my boss and his again- fiancée, these were the parts of my usual days at work where I needed to make excuses not to stay long in the foyer. I am not a gossip lover. I hoped Ms. Adams could notice my obvious refusal of staying long for a tittle-tattle.

"Hi, Ms. Adams... excuse me if I can't chat a bit for today. I just received an email from the boss... you know, another load to--"

"It's okay, I just wanted to inform you that there is a columnist of the Vanity Fair mag who is waiting for you. I let her in and told her to wait for you in the receiving area of the boss' floor."

Oh... I am saved!

A columnist? I should see her, then. Let us see what there is to hear. As far as I know, James hate publicity.

"Thanks Ms. Adams!"

She smiled. I could see in her face the disappointment of not having a short talk with me. I honestly didn't want to hear from her any story about James and her fiancée because everytime I face her and hear the gossips, I am battling with myself not to get affected. It was hard to keep and portray as if what I heard has nothing to do with me. I promised not to care but it really hurts.

I made my way through the elevator but before it closed, two other employees of faces I don't recognize, entered. It is not everyday that I get to see all the employees here so how could I be able to meet everyone.

They both smiled at me and I returned the courtesy.

"Hey, have you heard the rumour that the big boss, before he is reunited with Amanda, was having a secret affair?"

"Is that true?? I have heard the same story from a friend of my cousin who was once working here."

"So then it is!"

I don't get why gossiping around is so entertaining. Really, they love talking about other's personal business. The two employees standing just in front of me were talking in a low voice.

"He said that the boss was secretly seeing an employee--"

"Oh my!! How could a billionaire choose an employee over those celebrities around?"

"We can't tell... it might be his employee who charmed him. Why not? He's a really big catch!"

"Maybe he was just toying with her while recovering from the breakup with Amanda. And since the boss is a swoon-worthy bloke, the poor girl let herself become a medicine... a painkiller!"