CHAPTER 35 - THE POSSESSIVE ME

James' POV...

I ditched work yesterday. It wasn't because I didn't want to work. I just didn't want to... argh!! I must admit it! Fine... I didn't come to work yesterday because I was avoiding to see her. Yes, that's it! I know. It was unfair for her that I left her there working all alone without even giving any notice nor any reason of my untimely absence.

It irritates the hell out of me. Why and how all of a sudden this woman can affect me even by her simplest and very common gesture. She isn't the kind who can flaunt a skill in flirting but damn her intractable response is killing me. This is not me! I've dated all the most beautiful girls in the world, had a fling with them, had them and tasted every bit of them but none had caught the best interest in me the way this stubborn woman did. Yes, she is beautiful in all aspects though we cannot end a day without arguing for petty, silly things. She and her smart mouth continuously amuse me. She can be hard to please, a thing that challenges me. I am so used of women who were easily lured by my charms and let's be real-- by my pockets. But she, I don't know. I gave her chocolates and cookies yesterday. They were the most expensive. They were just my tokens of gratitude for her for being very efficient in her duties in the office. I can't really remember when have I thanked her.

My male instinct was advicing me to try her so I could get enough of her. Yeah, why not try just like the way I did to other women and then after that I can return to my old me-- enjoying women without commitments. If there is someone who could make my heart beat again just the way it did, it will always and will only be her... my princess. But why is that everytime I look at Miss Hemmington, she always reminds me of her. She can't be her. My princess was very sweet and fragile. She loves to be cared and protected while this one is fierce and is truly hard headed. She is the absolute opposite of my princess.

I will not give up! I will find her. I know she's just somewhere not so far from me. If ever she belongs to someone else at this present time, I'll make her mine again. She will come back to me. Even if the heaven forbids, I'll take the risk. But for now I'll be concentrating myself to get over with my assistant.

I went to the office. My system was itching to see her. The first thing I did when I reached our floor was to knock at her door and ask if she loved those sweets I gave her yesterday but when I turned the knob and peaked in, she was not there. Where did she go? Didn't she come to work? Impossible... she doesn't make a leave not unless she has a valid reason like being sick. But if she's sick, she could have already notified me earlier.

I went down the foyer and asked the receptionist if my personal assistant hasn't come yet but I was informed that she has. Where could she be?

"I think, she went with your father in the Records Management Department." The receptionist added.

"Dad is here? What is he supposed to do in that department?"

"I have no idea, Mr. Anderson... but as soon as he entered here he asked if Miss Hemmington has arrived. He said that he'll be needing her assistance about archiving some documents."

"Okay. Thanks for informing me. By the way, you look great today Miss Adams. Your blouse suits well on you but make sure all the buttons are intact."

I said and throw another look on her chest part before I left her. Her bulging flesh was peeping out on the space where two upper buttons were kept open purposely.

Her flushed face didn't escape my eyes. I know what she's trying to do and it didn't work on me. Women here in my building have tried seducing me but sorry for them. They were never my type.

I returned to my office and found my father inside.

"Hey young man! You didn't come yesterday."

My father greeted.