CHAPTER 48 - THE (RE) START

James' POV...

I rose from the bed and directly went downstairs. I did my best not to wake her up from my movements. It's nearly six in the morning. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a cold water from the fridge. After what had happened earlier, I couldn't get to sleep peacefully. I couldn't forget how her face looked after having a bad dream... if it was really a bad dream I could say. But her pale face gave it all. It was like her head was filled with intricate details of that dream. It was my fault and it was the reason why I couldn't get back to sleep. It felt like my conscience was bugging me up until I ended promising myself to make up for everything I caused her.

I walked past the table and went beside the wide window of my kitchen. I looked at the sky as I engulfed enough amount of liquid in my throat. It was still dawn and the sky was decorated with haze and painted with some hues of bronze, soft orange and yellow colors. Today marks the official season of autumn and as a fact, I began to recall what she had said. She loves the autumn. I smiled. Well, yes of course. She loves it because we have built memories from that season.

As I was about to turn away from the window, the phone rang. I hurriedly went to the nearby cupboard and lifted it so as not to make another sound that would surely wake her up remembering that there is one on the bedside table near where she lays.

"Hi mom... I'm home... hmmm... it's too early mom for your rants. She's here and fine. Hey! It's not what you think... of course, not! We'll talk about it later okay... now that you call, mind if I ask if you and dad have any plan for tonight?? Okay, can we stay there for dinner? Thanks mom! ...hey, I'm a good boy! ...It's Sunday, I have plans. Nope! Okay, so see you tonight. Bye."

Obviously, my mother was squeezing me out about what had happened last night. Her voice is still ringing in my head... what's with that drama at the party last night James?? I don't need to explain myself. I wasn't sorry for what I did. The man derserved that kind of reward from me.

I suddenly realized that I was smiling to myself. My mother was shocked when I told her I have Elizabeth here with me. I knew sort of things were running through her head. I should be prepared when we come for dinner tonight.

...today will going to be the restart of us.

----------0----------

Elizabeth's POV...

I woke up feeling a bit exhausted. I ran my eyes across the walls of the bedroom, or should I say a hall room for its hugeness. The room was filled with a faint darkness but my eyes ended up looking at the grand window facing my side. I furrowed my brows, recalling where I was until it hit me. Yeah... James asked me to stay for the night here in his penthouse and I recalled what happened at the party.

I wanted to feel glad that he saved me from that awkward situation with that drunk man but then I was halted by the fact that people will ask why he did that. No one knows about our status. In their eyes, we're just the typical boss and assistant kind of thing. One might ask how come a boss can be so over protective and possessive of her assistant by not letting her dance with anybody whether a man was drunk or not. People will definitely stick to the idea that I am literally working with my ass to be receiving such kind of attention from my boss.

I suddenly felt gloomy inside. I couldn't defend myself from ill-judgement... Nobody will spit it out directly in my face but in their mind they will surely enjoy giving me filthy names. If only things weren't like these, I wouldn't be worried for what people may think about me. I know, I am a fighter but I am human, too, who feels tired whenever things are getting too much to handle.

I rose a little and placed my crown against the headboard. I looked at the window from the bed where I was lying and I saw the sky is starting to be lit up by the morning sun. It felt weird that today is Sunday and I cannot be able to do my early morning weekend routine. I don't think James will permit me to leave the building for a brisk walking and I can't recall any nearby park we have passed by last night.