Chapter One

Hey, so I'm back! Great, isn't it ;) so this book is quite different from what I've previously written. Meaning it isn't a werewolf book, but I promise it's just as magical. So, hold on to your seats and get ready for a tale full of drama and just enjoy the emotional rollercoaster you're going to board...

Quote of the chapter: "Young girls are told you have to be the delicate princess. Hermione taught them that you can be the warrior." ― Emma Watson.

****************************
Scarlett's POV

The pale light of the moon cascaded over the tranquil water. I was perched upon the bank of the river with my knees tucked into my chest. I sighed deeply, my thoughts running freely inside my mind. Pushing my worries aside, I watched the peaceful movements of the water. It was nice.

A hand rested on my back and I jumped, looking up to see an amused Adrian grinning back at me.

"Hey Bug." I smiled, rolling my eyes at the nickname.

"It's been two years Adrian the 'bug' incident happened when we were twelve are you ever going to drop it?" I asked, hoping he'd say, "yeah sure..." but instead he shook his head with a goofy smile on his face.

"Nope, never." I groaned.

"You're so annoying!" I exclaimed whilst he laughed at me.

"So," Adrian began causing me to smile up at him "I have something to tell you, but you have to promise not to cry. Okay?" He said seriously, and I scoffed.

"As if I'd ever cry over your dumb butt," I smiled at him, but his face remained serious "okay, okay no crying I promise." he looked down sadly.

"I-I'm moving away, Scar." he stuttered out. I snapped my head up, connecting our gazes.

"What? No, you can't!" I said completely shocked he placed his hand in mine.

"My mom, she got a new job, a promotion if you will, only the jobs in England..." he trailed off and I looked down knowing his parents take their careers seriously.

"When do you leave?" I asked, not wanting to know the answer. I didn't want him to leave he was my best and only friend I needed him.

"Tomorrow morning." he sighed I looked at him with wide eyes. It was too soon. I was hoping he'd say sometime in the next year, not tomorrow!

My eyes teared up "t-tomorrow" I sniffled, and he grabbed my hands, encasing them in his larger ones. "really?" I asked, my voice small.

"I'm sorry," he said shakily his voice broke slightly causing my heart to clench. My tears finally fell Adrian held me in his arms.

"Hey! You promised no crying." he said, trying to lighten the mood. He pulled me into a hug I stayed there crying into his chest we held each other for a while before he pulled back. His eyes sparkling with unshed tears "I have to go now, Scarlett." I looked into his deep green eyes. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to his. He stood shocked for a moment before kissing me back. Our lips danced in perfect sync. We parted, and I looked down, blushing like mad. I was watching the grass sway with the wind like it was the most amazing thing to have ever happened in all of human history.

"I err I'm sorry it's just that you're leaving, and I had to. I love y-" he cut me off with his lips. My heart fluttered along with the steel butterflies that were swarming in my stomach. His kiss said everything he couldn't. He kissed me with such an intensity my heart felt like it was going to explode. My hands gripped the fabric of his shirt. His hand was pressed firmly against my back keeping me close. His other hand was tangled in my hair as he pushed his lips harder against mine as if he was trying to ensure that I never forgot the feeling of his lips on mine.