Chapter Twenty-Three

C2
Quote of the chapter: "Oh screw beautiful! Please I'm brilliant! If you want to appease me compliment my brain." -Christina Yang

Scarlett's POV

I woke up to the soft glow of the sun shining through the gap in the curtains filling the room with gold I yawned and snuggled up closer to the warmth I had almost fallen back into a peaceful sleep when my pillow moved? I bolted upright and saw a basically naked Adrian sleeping soundly I looked down and my eyes bulged out of my head I'm in my underwear? What the hell is going on! Panic bubbled within me. I turned to Adrian and slapped his chest. He shot up on full alert he scanned the room for a threat until his eyes landed on me then he looked confused. I managed to calm my racing thoughts and tried to remember what happened.

I remembered:

Needing to throw up

Getting into bed

The kiss!

Oh god the kiss. Just thinking about it made my heart flutter, but I shoved back those feelings and glared at him.

"What the hell happened last night? Did we... did we-"

"No Scarlett we didn't have sex! I can't believe you'd think I'd take advantage of you like that." He said his voice cold. I huffed glaring at him.

"Well then why are we in bed together practically naked Adrian. I'm not suggesting anything but-but." I paused not knowing what to say. He shook his head.

"Listen, you got drunk we made out and then I told you we weren't going to have sex in this state. So, you sort of substituted." He smirked and I groaned and buried my face into the pillow. "Don't worry, it was just a bit of fun, right?" he asked, and I couldn't look at him. This mortal embarrassment I was feeling was cutting too deep to push it aside. I slid out of the bed and quickly grabbing my dress and threw it on I picked up my shoes and opened the door, Adrian caught up to me he grabbed my wrist and turned me around. My eyes scanned his body, his neck was red and small purple bruises littered the skin. I looked away.

"Adrian, please just drop it." I said and tried to tug my wrist free. I did and walked away accidently bumping into someone I looked up and saw Emma. "Emma?" I asked confused and then my stomach dropped. The party! Shit! She looked passed me towards Adrian with an icy glare.

"Get dressed now!" she said hotly then she focused on me "I think it's best you leave darlin'." She said politely I nodded.

"I'm err sorry about all this." I apologised before quickly making my exit.

I took out my phone and called Roxy.

"Hello?"

"Hey Roxy, it's me. I err need a favour." I asked biting the inside of my cheek.

"What do you need?"

"Could you come and err pick me up?" I said sheepishly.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at Adrian's." I said hoping she wouldn't read into it.

"Yeah sure I'll see you in ten." She said cheerfully.

"Thanks Hun." I said before cutting the call. Now that I was alone, I had time to think about last night. God I'm so stupid how could I let myself get into that state, I'm so stupid!

After a while of inwardly scolding myself Roxy pulled up and I quickly got in her car and smiled at her. If she noticed something was wrong, she didn't mention it. She turned to me and pushed my head to the side. "Erm?" I said aloud she then handed me her scarf. What is she doing?