Chapter Twenty-One

"I'd stop the world if it gave us time." - Lukas Graham

C21

Scarlett's POV

Roxy barged into my room not caring about the fact I was sleeping soundly, relishing in the warmth radiating from my cocoon of duvets. The door hit of the wall she cringed slightly before turning to me.
"Hey you awake?" She smirked I ignored her sinking further into my pillow not wanting to move. She plopped down onto my bed lying next to me staring at the ceiling.
"What do you want?" I groaned out as she began poking my face she giggled. "We have to go shopping, Adrian's party is tonight." She explained. I lazily opened one of my eyes I glanced at the clock 8:15...
"No." I objected squeezing my eyes hoping this was some sort dream. She scoffed and ripped the blanket off of me shattering my warmth the cold air clashed with the warmth seeping out from my body causing a shudder to rock through me I let out a frustrated squeal.
"Just let me sleeepppp." I threw a pillow over my head.
"Don't make me kick you off the bed," she warned "I will do it and feel no guilt." I threw the pillow at her face she was to slow to dodge my attack. Knowing she wouldn't leave I begrudgingly dragged myself out of bed and continued to glare at her.
"You know I hate you right?" I muttered, she rolled her eyes at me before blowing me a kiss.
I love you too sugar." Now I was the one who rolled their eyes.

I slipped into the bathroom and began my morning routine, I exited the bathroom my toothbrush hanging from inside my mouth. I walked over to my closet and pondered on what to wear. The cold weather limited my choices. Soon enough I had chosen a pair of tight fitted dark blue jeans and a cute knitted grey jumper, I paired it with a long, thick black and white knitted scarf and my knee-high boots. Sighing I flung on my clothes whilst continuing to brush my teeth.
"I envy your ability to multitask." Roxy sighed causing me to grin. Once I was ready we walked down stairs. My mom and Eric were huddled in the kitchen both holding mugs of what I assume to be coffee. I shot them both a playful glare.
"If you guys wanted me to get up you could've asked instead of unleashing this hell demon on me." I whined forcing the corner of my lips to remain in a straight line. My mother rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.
"Eres tan dramática." (you're so dramatic) she muttered before taking a large sip of her coffee. I studied her, dark circles had formed under her eyes and her skin looked puffy like she had been crying. She seemed lost in thought as she absentmindedly swirled her drink with a teaspoon.
"Are you okay?" I asked unsurely. Her gaze snapped to mine her haunted look chilled me to the core. I couldn't even fathom a reason of why she seemed so-so pained. Then it hit me. Like a blow to the chest. The air felt thin I took a deep breath.
"He's getting out isn't he?" I asked but it sounded more like a statement. She looked away from me and Eric's face was dark, full of anger. He held her in his arms not wanting to let go in fear of something happening to her.
"Does Elijah know?" Asked Roxy her voice was apprehensive, but worried. I had told her all about my crazy family history a while ago, she like everyone who knew was shocked. It was odd really to outsiders our family seemed somewhat perfect but in reality our family was far, far from perfect. Responding to her Eric shook his head no.
"Does Elijah know what?" Elijah questioned walking into the kitchen with a lazy grin on his face, noticing the dark atmosphere that seemed to be suffocating the room his smile fell.

"What's going on?" he asked rubbing his neck sheepishly I took a breath and grabbed hold of his hand.
"Owen's getting out." I mumbled fear slowly etched into me, a thousand unreadable emotions flashed through his eyes in this moment. His eyes grew dark and he tensed.
"If he comes near here, I will kill him." He said coldly, I'd have thought it was an empty threat but the sheer malice in his voice floored me. Roxy walked over to him and encased him in a hug he responded but he didn't relax at all. Trying my best to kick him out of this dark mood I smiled wearily at him.
"Want to come shopping with us, for Adrian's party?"
"No thanks." He said as he pushed himself off the door frame and stalked away. I sighed glancing back at my mom, I walked over to her and brought her into my embrace.
"Estará bien mamá, lo prometon." (It'll be okay mom, I promise.) she sniffled and hugged me tighter.
"Lo sé cariño." (I know sweetie). I pulled back and she kissed my forehead. I gave Eric a quick hug and left.

We arrived at the mall around thirty minutes later. My thoughts were all jumbled from this morning's news, I knew tonight would be a big distraction for me, I was glad. I needed it. Roxy pulled me into a few stores nothing majorly stood out for us until we found a smaller boutique, we stepped inside, and I was filled with awe. The store itself wasn't that big but the way the room was styled made it seem as if it was. The back wall where the cashiers were consisted of symmetrically perfects wooden slats giving the store a cosy vibe, the walls were a light pink and were covered in lights that lit up the store in a cute but bright way, clothing racks were dotted round the store with various coloured materials mixed into them. Mannequins were also dotted around but they were styled to perfection the dresses that were being displayed were no doubt their finest and it wasn't hard to see why. The floor was tiled, and the white floor was practically shining. Roxy and I started to look around. Absentmindedly I ran my fingers across the material of a few dresses that stood out to me.

I selected a few options that had interested me, Roxy waited outside the room whilst I changed, I tried on a few but I was unsure.
"I'll be right back." She said and disappeared amongst the racks, she came back about three minutes with a two more dresses, she handed me one. I smiled at her.
"Thanks." I smiled. I slipped on the dress and gasped. It was a red lacey dress that was fitted at the waist which added to my curvy figure it stopped mid-thigh and it was absolutely. I pulled back the curtain and Roxy squealed excitedly.
"You look great! That looks amazing on you!"  I flushed at her comment causing her to grin.
"C'mon let's see yours." I directed the attention back towards her, changing out of the dress and back into my normal clothes I stepped out of the room and waited in the store for Roxy.  A little while later she stepped out and I gasped, she has gone with a long white dress that exposed her hips and a section of her chest it clung to her fiercely in all the right places. She looked gorgeous.
"Wow," I grinned "that's your dress." She smiled.
"You think so?" her tone was light but edged with nerves.
"Oh definitely."  She looked relieved.

Once we had gotten home with our new purchases it was about one in the afternoon the party wasn't until nine so we had some time to kill.

*********

Another chapter done...

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Until nextime my lovelies ...