Chapter Eight

Here's a little surprise for you guys...

Quote of the chapter: "love is kindness without motive" - unknown

*************

Adrian's POV

I have been sitting here for six days. Just talking to her, holding her hand and talking. She hit her head hard when she got run over resulting in her brain swelling. Since the accident it has shrunk tremendously which is great the doctors say she has a good chance of waking up. Which was the best news I've heard all week. I kissed her hand.

"Please wake up." I begged tears filling my eyes.

"I need you Bug, I need you." I cried. I felt a hand rest on my back I looked up to see Sydney.

"Oh, Adrian, Lo Siento" (I'm sorry) she sighed looking at me sympathetically.

"No te preocupes por eso" (don't worry about it) I said.

"You have to go to school now" I sighed nodding. I kissed her cheek. Turning to Sydney.

"If she wakes up-"

"I'll call you." She interrupted I thanked her and grabbed my bag and headed to school.

I sat at the back with a cold expression. I had no reason to smile, no reason to do anything except talk to my Bug.

"Scarlett?" the teacher called out and my head snapped up. He glanced around the room. "Has anybody seen Scarlett?" he asked everyone shook their heads no. Sydney didn't tell anyone that Scarlett was in a coma due to us not knowing if she'll wake up.

"Why don't you ask Adrian we all know they've been screwing each other." my head whipped into the direction of the voice. Clara. My eyes narrowed at her.

"What like you screwed Cameron. Behind her back might I add. Some bestie you turned out to be." I shot back the class gasped upon hearing the news.

"I mean it's not my fault Cam chose me over her." I scoffed.

"You're a poor desperate fool. Do you want to know what he told her? Correct me if I'm wrong but here it goes "Scarlett please she means nothing to me. She was just there for me to screw whilst I waited for you to be ready, she wasn't even that good please don't ignore me" I mean it sounds like you two are meant to be together... would you agree?" Her face morphed into a look of complete and utter shock. I sat back in my seat feeling satisfied with putting her in her damn place.

The class had ended, and I was walking to the cafeteria when someone crashed into my shoulder my body was pushed to the side. I was pissed I turned around to see Cameron smirking at me. I saw red. I tackled him to the ground and straddled him I punched him in the face his head whipped to the side with the force of my hit. A crowd had now formed. He escaped my grip and sent a swift kick to my stomach winding me slightly I walked back to catch my breath before sending a hard punch to his abdomen he doubled over in pain, I grabbed his head and wacked it into my knee hearing a satisfying crack he groaned in pain. I held him up to the lockers.

"I swear if she doesn't wake up I'll kill you." I seethed.

"What the hell are you talking about." He yelled back.

"Scarlett." I screamed.

"She's in a coma because of YOU." I roared hitting him again. He grabbed something and hit me with it. I dropped to my knees in pain. I think he broke my jaw. Ignoring the pain that was eating away at my face I picked him up and slammed him to the ground he groaned as his head made contact with the floor. The crowd oohed and I hit him again before I was pulled off of him. A teacher helped him up and they called an ambulance for the both of us as I was pretty sure my jaw was broken.