Chapter Nineteen

... This might be my favourite chapter yet...

Quote of the chapter: "Remember that you CAN, you ALWAYS can." - Sofia Carson
Scarlett's POV

Today was the day we were all going to the carnival, Parker and Roxy were coming to pick me and Elijah up I'd decided to invite him since he was worried about his date being the first time he and Roxy had actually hung out together so I invited him along so they can clear the awkwardness.

I'm a great sister I know.

I  slipped on my shoes and tied the laces before I trip and fall to my death... I'm not dramatic I swear.

Since it was cold outside I had decided to wear a pair of blue high waisted jeans and a white long-sleeved blouse with my black leather jacket

Parker pulled up in his lifted Ram 1500 K2 pickup truck it's (up top^^^^)gleaming blue colour gave the truck an overall shine. The black spokes were moulded into perfection giving the truck a beautiful finish. Anyone could see how this car was his pride and joy, he spent every dime he had tweaking it, Roxy jumped out walking straight to me. I smiled and hugged her.

"You look, good girl." I smiled winking at her. She did a little swirl making me chuckle. She was wearing a pair of grey jeans which clung to her slim figure highlighting her curves, she had matched it with a white long-sleeved V-neck top which showed a decent amount of cleavage and a red flannelled shirt to which she kept open finishing the look with a grey beanie and a pair of stylish sunglasses. Elijah soon joined me. Roxy's eyes slowly travelled to him, she stood there staring at him her mouth widened slightly as she drank in his appearance. He was wearing a tight muscle tee that showed off his large biceps and clung to his muscled chest. He had gone with what looked like the tightest pair of black jeans he owned showing off his athletic build. I rolled my eyes knowing he did this on purpose.

"Shotgun," I called out.  Causing her to snap out of her daze Roxy looked at me with a panicked look as she slid into the back Elijah silently following her.

I grinned up at Parker as he stared at me with a mischievous glint in his eye. Cocking a brow. "What?" I mused causing him to shake his head at me. I chuckled.

"Oh, by the way, Adrian, Caitlyn and Nova are meeting us there okay?" Roxy spoke up from the back I nodded. I haven't been to the carnival in so long, I was excited too excited to be put down by the fact I'll have to spend the whole day watching Adrian and Nova be a happy couple. Ugh, why did he have to squeeze his way into my heart again! Shaking my head, I glanced at the road in front of us eagerly fidgeting in my seat.

"Will you calm down woman I'm trying to concentrate on the road and all I can see is you moving and twitching every five seconds." Parker huffed playfully. Slightly embarrassed I sat back in my seat and clasped my hands together.

"sorry." I blushed.

Soon enough we had arrived, slugging the door open I hopped down, the hard gravel crunched underneath my feet I took a deep breath inhaling the scent of the air it was fresh though it was tainted with the fresh aromas of the carnival that was in full swing.

"It's beautiful." I muttered absentmindedly as I stared at all the pretty lights that illuminated the ground.

"Sure is." I heard a new voice say. Turning around I saw Adrian he was standing there his hands tucked into his jeans that hugged him perfectly, his muscles flexed, and I couldn't take my eyes away from his toned body. The red-shirt he was wearing was extremely tight leaving nothing to the imagination. I bit my lip looking away fighting back the inappropriate thoughts that are itching to be heard. No stop he's taken. He didn't want you! The inner voice screamed at me

"Err yeah." I mumbled looking anywhere but him.

"C'monn lets go." Caitlyn whined dragging Roxy and I forward Roxy.

She dragged us to the candyfloss stand squealing like a five-year-old.

"How old are you again?" I asked amused at the look she shot me.

"Older than you." she muttered.

"Oh really? I would never have guessed." I smirked. Her arm shot out and swiftly flicked me on the forehead. I laughed. Once we had gotten the candyfloss, we began touring the grounds.

"Come on let's go on this." I said excitedly pulling everyone towards the large roller-coaster which looked like so much fun.

"Do you guys mind if I sit this one out, I'm still feeling queasy from the last one." Nova's timid voice called out. I turned to look at her. Her hair was ruffled and messy no doubt because of the wind, her skin was slightly pale, and her eyes were almost begging. I smiled at her sympathetically.

"Yeah sure, maybe you should grab something to eat?" I suggested kindly. She nodded. "Thanks." she mumbled,

"I should stay with you, to make sure you're okay." Adrian claimed making his way over to her. He grabbed her hand and laced their fingers together.

"No. Go you love rides, I'll be fine." she protested causing him to shake his head.

"I need to talk to you, anyway," he said causing her to smile. I watched the exchange with sad eyes. I need to get over him, he's never going to be interested I mean why would he even think about me when he has her. I turned away meeting Roxy's eyes briefly before I sulked towards the que of the ride.

The wind coursed through me and usually, I'd feel indescribable amounts of adrenaline at the top of the track, but I had too much on my mind to care.

"What's up?" Parker hollered over to me I shook my head.

"Nothing." I replied he rolled his eyes giving me a look as id he was saying.

"That's bull and you know it." I looked towards the ground and saw the happy couple looking not so happy. Nova was pacing back and forth with an angry look on her face. Adrian was stood next to a bench with an equally angry look on his face. They're arguing? Why? Shrugging it off I focused on trying to enjoy the ride and soon enough I did.

With shaky legs, I got off the ride my grin was wide until I saw Nova's tear-stained cheeks.

"Nova, what's wrong?" I asked softly. She met my gaze sadness leaking from her glassy eyes

"Adrian broke up with me." she sobbed before storming off towards the exit. I could only stare at her angry figure as it retreated. We all turned to Adrian with matching expressions. He eyed us all, his beautiful green eyes lingered on me for a moment longer.

"What?" he finally spoke.

"You-you broke up with her?" Parker stuttered out. He nodded "Why?" He questioned, causing Adrian to shrug.

"I'm just not into her anymore," he said coolly causing me to gasp Parker scoffed

"There's someone else. Isn't there?" He smirked feeling smug when he saw Adrians faces drop #

"How did you? Never mind." he waved us off.

"Who?" I asked unsure if I was ready to hear this.

"it doesn't matter. She isn't interested." he said evasively. Everyone was left speechless.

Well, this is awkward...

**************

Oooh damnn he broke up with her for someone else... any guesses ;)

Hope you liked this chapter

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Until next time my lovelies