Chapter Eighteen

Another chapter for you guys

Quote of the chapter: "Happiness is a state of mind. It's just according to the way you look at things" – Walt Disney

Scarlett's POV

"Scarlett what are you doing here?" he asked clearly confused. I glared at him "I don't know what your problem is, but you need to tell me what I did that was so bad for you to ice me out?" I yelled slightly "keep your voice down, my parents are home." he hushed me I scoffed "I don't care. I want to know what I've done. Because if its about us kissing you sure as hell didn't seem to mind when you were all over me Adrian." I spat he looked down "it's nothing to do with that." he mumbled I sighed "then what because I miss you and for you to so blatantly ignore me hurt." I admitted his eyes met mine and I stared into his eyes wanting nothing more than to just hug him and tell him about my day like we always did. "I didn't want to hurt you, okay I'm sorry," he said pathetically "so you find someone better and then you drop me. The resemblance between you and Cameron right now is uncanny!" I yelled tears filling my eyes. Emma walked to the door "Scarlett are you crying?" she asked I angrily wiped my tears "what's wrong?" she questioned I sniffed "ask Adrian." was all I said before turning and storming off, my tears blurred my vision as I made my way home "Scarlett wait!" I heard him yell. I stopped as he jogged up to me pushing himself in front of me.

"Please Bug don't cry," he said softly as he reached his thumb up to wipe away my tears "I'm sorry. Really sorry." he started making me look into his eyes "why Adrian?" I murmured "because that rumour about us started because were friends so I thought that if I stayed away from you Clara would quit saying all of that cruel stuff about you. I was trying to protect you." I scoffed "by hurting me?" I asked bitterly he sighed "it was a misguided attempt I'll admit but I didn't want her to use our friendship against us." he admitted squeezing my shoulders softly "please forgive me Bug." he begged. I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug he responded immediately "I forgive you." I whispered.

Pulling back, I just now realised he was still shirtless my eyes drifted to his ripped torso. I bit my lip quickly looking away. He watched the movement his green eyes boring holes into my skin. He cleared his throat "Do you want to stay for dinner?" he asked I nodded "only if you're going to talk to me." I smirked as he rolled his eyes "c'mon I've missed you." he said slinging his arm around my shoulder. I walked into his house smiling at the familiarity, it was just like his old house only bigger and there were a lot more pictures. "Wow... it hasn't changed a bit." I whispered he nodded "yeah this place was always home." he shrugged flopping down on the couch. I sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. "Scarlett?!!" I heard the familiar voice squeal my eyes widened "Caitlyn. Is that you?!" I asked as she rushed over to me I winced as her body crashed into mine. Things were still sore. "careful Cait she's injured." Adrian scolded I rolled my eyes "I've healed. Mostly." I laughed she pulled back to look at me and I did the same "You're gorgeous. When I last saw you, you were like twenty and wore sweats religiously." I gawked she laughed "I mean look at you." I smiled gesturing to the high wasted denim shorts and the cropped belly top she was wearing she rolled her eyes "says you I mean where did these come from?" she said as she pushed my breasts together. I swatted her hands away blushing like crazy.

"err I am going to give you the room," Adrian said awkwardly. I blushed even more if that was possible "oh brother always so dramatic they're just boobs." she laughed and I didn't dare look at him he cleared his throat "just be quiet." he said glaring at her. Emma came into the room "Scar a word?" she asked I nodded glancing at Adrian briefly. Once she had pulled me into the hallway she looked me over "are you hurting?" my face dropped into a confused look "huh?" I mumbled stupidly "because I can have a look for you if you want me to? Is that why you were crying?" she questioned, and I didn't quite know how to reply I mean I couldn't tell her about Clara because she'd tell my family "err no I'm fine I was upset." I confessed "what has he done?" she asked icily my eyes widened "n-nothing it was just a misunderstanding. My fault really." I stuttered smiling weakly. If she didn't believe me, she didn't show it her face remained straight. She flashed me a smile and nodded towards the Livingroom. I hugged her briefly before heading back. I walked back over to the couch where Adrian was still sitting, I slouched back down next to him. He dropped his arm around my shoulder, and I smiled up at him. Caitlyn watched us with a curious gaze "wait!" she mumbled "is-is this a thing are you two..." she trailed off and I immediately pulled away "no he's already got a girlfriend. How is Nova by the way?" I asked smiling a tight smile Caitlyn perked up "girlfriend... you didn't tell me that." she pointed at him he rolled his eyes "you have literally just gotten back." he reminded her.

I looked down at my feet the inner turmoil I was feeling was eating away at me. I didn't want to feel the way I do but I couldn't help it. He smiled at me "Oh hey Bug?" "yeah?" "Nova and I were planning on going to the carnival and I was thinking we could make it a group event. We can invite Roxy and Parker." he suggested "yeah that seems nice," I said "can I join in on that?" asked Caitlyn "yeah sure." I smiled already feeling excited. I loved rides they are just so fun. "When?" she asked her eyes gleaming with excitement "next Saturday." he smiled I made a mental note to ask my mom when I went back home.

Dinner had passed and now me, Adrian and Caitlyn were sitting on the porch, the cold breeze ruffled my hair slightly, it was calming "so you caught him?"  Caitlyn clarified I nodded. I had just told her about everything that's been going on. Her reaction was one of pure shock, then anger, in other words, she was less than impressed "yeah." I said meekly giving her a weak smile "then you got run over." I nodded "then you beat up Cameron." she said obviously directing that comment towards Adrian. He smiled smugly "yep. Kicked his ass." he boasted causing me to smack him around the back of the head "and he broke your jaw." I smirked at him causing him to glare at me before Caitlyn laughed "you two are certainly something." she muttered. "Are you staying over?" she asked causing me to glance at my phone it was just past eleven pm. "I err don't think that's a good idea." I mumbled looking towards Adrian. Judging from last time things didn't quite go as we expected. "oh come onnnn. I've missed you so muchhh." she pleaded. I shook my head "I can't. I err have to go anyway." I excused myself and stood up. "I'll walk you," Adrian said as he shrugged on a jacket.

************

So you've met Caitlyn. She will be played by Nina Dobrev...

Hope you liked this chapter

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE