Chapter Five

And so, chapter five begins...

Quote of the chapter: "Pain never really goes away" - unknown

***********

Scarlett's POV

"It's not as bad as it sounds. Okay... so, it was around 10 pm mum was working the night shift like she always has on a Saturday, I decided to go for a run. I ran my normal route when I noticed three guys were cornering this girl. I stepped in to help her I mean she was crying, and they were touching her and she obviously didn't like it so I went over and told them all to leave her alone. One guy hit me so I stood up for myself and before I knew it they were all trying to jump me. Long story short, I beat them up pretty badly, but I was protecting myself, and that girl." He finished, and we were all staring at him.

"That was brave of you man." Elijah said squeezing his shoulder I nodded agreeing with Elijah. He smiled at me and I smiled back, happy that he was back.

We had all finished our meals, and we were all waiting for the waiter to come with our check. A boy who seemed around my age came over with it and flashed me a smile.

"If there's anything you need don't hesitate to ask." He said not taking his eyes off me.

"She is absolutely fine aren't you Bug?" I looked at Adrian confused.

"Err yeah?" I muttered the waiter walked away seeming displeased. Adrian smirked at me.

"He was flirting and you miss Scarlett have a boyfriend..." I scoffed.

"He was not?" I shot back looking at my mom silently asking her opinion.

"He was sweetie." She giggled nothing else was said.

By the time we had left the restaurant, I was a little tipsy. I stumbled down the curve causing Adrian to quickly grab my waist; he pulled me into him, so I didn't fall. "Sorr-y-" I giggled, he was finding this hilarious.

"Come on, let's go to our spot." He said, and I looked to my mom for approval. She nodded and Adrian and I began walking.

"Bye, everyone. I love you!" I bellowed drunkenly waving at them. They laughed at me before waving goodbye.

Adrian had to stop walking a few times just to laugh at me.

"You, my dear Scarlett are too much." he said laughing at the fact I'm barefooted.

"And you, my dear Adrian are too hot!" I said too drunk to care. He smirked at me.

"I won't forget you said that." He said smirking at me.

I shrugged "I'm too drunk to care." I replied causing him to chuckle. We had arrived a lot slower than usual due to all the stopping. As we pulled back the branches that passed as a gateway to our hideout, I gasped at how much it had changed. The grass where we always used to sit was covered in small wildflowers. The rock that I named "sit rock" I know very creative had vines growing along the sides of it and the tree we always climbed had grown a few inches.

"Wow, it's so..." He trailed off.

"Different," I finished causing him to nod "I haven't been here in three years." I admitted causing Adrian to look at me shocked.

"But this was your place before it was ours Scar." He mumbled, I shrugged.

"it didn't feel right to come here without you," I smiled stumbling over to sit on the grass "I was so mad at you." I admitted.

"Why?" he asked sitting next to me I sighed deeply.

"I was mad because you left I loved you," I laughed "I was in love with you. Then you kissed me and left." I said bitterly, he was staring at me in shock.

"What!" He squeaked I laughed at his expression.

"Don't worry I've had three years to move on and I have." I said truthfully, Adrian sighed.

"I couldn't help leaving Scar you know that." He murmured I nodded.

"I know." 

I understood why he left but I just couldn't help wishing that he never had. He missed so much; I missed so much of his life. He moved on without me and that hurt even though I was doing the same.

"And as for me kissing you if I recall it was you who kissed me first." He smirked, I smiled at the memory.

"Yeah, my first kiss..." I admitted causing him to sit up abruptly.

"Hold up. I, me, Adrian Jones was your first kiss?!" He asked bewildered I smiled.

"Yes, you Adrian Jones!" I mocked, and he shook his head.

"Wow..." He muttered. Wow indeed.

I lay on the grass staring up at the sky looking at the stars shining brightly above us.

"I've missed you so much." Adrian said I sat up beside him placing my hand on his.

"Likewise, idiot." I said causing him to grin he stared at me intensely before he cupped my face I was about to pull back when he kissed me, I was shocked to say the least but I pulled back.

"I have a boyfriend Adrian why would you do that?" I asked he looked down embarrassed.

"I'm drunk I-I'm sorry so sorry Scar." He stammered I nodded feeling confused.

"I'm err going to go to Cam's, walk me?" I asked. He nodded standing up. He stretched out his hand and pulled me up. I muttered a quick thanks before beginning to walk. We walked side by side and I was replaying what went on thinking if I somehow gave him the impression, I wanted to kiss him. I didn't. At least not on purpose.

We had arrived, and I immediately saw Clara's car in the driveway odd I thought I turned to Adrian.

"Listen, if I somehow led you on I'm so sorry I really didn't mean too." He shook his head.

"No, it's fine you didn't it was all me I swear." I nodded.

"Anyway, I'll see you later." He said, and I smiled hugging him goodbye. I walked over to his door and unlocked it using the key he gave me a while back. Nobody was downstairs, so I made my way upstairs. I heard a deep chuckle.

"Why aren't you with Scar?" I heard Clara ask.

"She's with family tonight," he replied before I heard another giggle "besides I'd rather be with you," he growled and my heart dropped "now where were we." I heard him say before I heard a breathy moan. I walked into the room bashing the door off the wall. The sight before me caused my heart to break... no shatter.

**********

Damnnnn what a juicy chapter O_o

Find out what happens next time

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

Thank you, my lovelies xxx