Chapter Seventeen

Welcome to the next chapter

Quote of the chapter: "I'd rather be around a passionate nerd than a non-passionate cool person. Because if you lack passion, your soul is diminishing by the second." - Matt Cohen '

*********************

Scarlett's POV

My eyes fluttered open adjusting to the light streaming through the gap in my curtains. The soft glow of the morning sun lightened the room. Yawning I stretched out the kinks in my limbs and sat up. Tired I picked up my phone to check the time it was just past 9 am but the thing that caught my eye was the message alert

From Roxy: Hey err can we talk... I have something to tell you xx. I clicked onto the message

Me: Hey, sorry I've just woken up. Are you okay? Xx

Roxy: I think so, I just need to talk to you can you come over? Xx

Me: Yeah sure I'll be there in an hour xx

Roxy: Okay thank you xx

Peeling off the covers I dragged myself out of bed the cool air hit my skin and I shivered slightly. I took a quick shower before getting dressed. I walked down the stairs and saw Elijah he looked pretty upset. Walking over to him I sat next to him leaning my head on his shoulder "hey Scar." he sighed "what's wrong?" I asked, looking up at him. He shook his head "nothing it-it doesn't matter." he mumbled before standing up and heading out the back "Lijah?" I called after him, but he ignored me. "Well that was weird." I mumbled. "Motherrrr!" I yelled "Kitchen." she yelled I nodded, of course, she's always in the kitchen.

"Hey guys." I greeted seeing Eric and my mom talking "hi sweetie" mom smiled I hugged her and kissed her cheek "I was wondering if one of you could drop me off at Roxy's house?" I asked glancing at them. I smiled sweetly as I gave them my best puppy dog eyes "I have to get to work, I can drop you off on the way?" Eric said and I nodded "thanks," I said whilst opening the cupboard and grabbing a quick snack.

We drove to Roxy's. "Thanks for the ride, Eric. I hope your not gonna be late." I smiled he shook his head "I'll be fine." he waved goodbye and drove off. I knocked on her door, seconds later she had answered it rushing me inside. The house was welcoming from the open door to the wide hallway. Upon the walls were the photographs of her family. The floor was an old-fashioned parquet with a blend of deep homely browns and the walls were a warm beige colour which brightened up the place. I smile as she dragged me into the front room "guys this is Scarlett and we're going to my room; do not disturb us we have a very important assignment we need to discuss." she announced the lie slipped from her lips effortlessly I looked at her rolling my eyes. "Ro can you help me?" a little boy said he was barely over nine he was so cute. His light brown hair was spiked upwards and his chocolate brown eyes were pleading with Roxy to help. He stood up his left leg ended right at the knee and my eyes widened. He was just so adorable. "I can't get it on." his eyes teared up and Roxy bent down and hugged him "it's okay Liam," she said hoisting him up to onto the couch. She grabbed the prosthetic leg and attached it to him "there all better." she smiled kissing his cheek "thanks Ro I love you." he said smiling the gap in his teeth just made him look even more adorable. My heart. She ruffled up his hair "love you to kiddo."

She turned back at me smiling as she grabbed onto my hand pulling me up the stairs "what is with you?" I giggled as she slammed the door "I am freaking out! I-I have no clue what to do!" she exclaimed "Woah calm down and tell me what happened." I laughed. She sighed "promise you won't get mad?" I nodded "Elijahaskedmeonadate..." she mumbled quickly. "what?" she looked at me and sighed, "Elijah asked me on a date." she clarified, and my eyes widened "as in my brother Elijah?" she nodded looking down. I smiled. She's going to be so good for him. If he hurts her, I'll kick his ass "What did you say?" I said excitedly, she looked up at me with quizzical eyes "you're not mad?" she asked sceptically "of course not! This is exciting stuff. So, what did you say?" I beamed. She fiddled with her thumbs "I said I'd err think about it." she muttered I flicked her on the head "text him and tell him yes." she looked at me with wide eyes "Like right now?" she asked dumbly causing me to roll my eyes "yes." she nodded before grabbing her phone. She stared at it for quite a while before she started typing. So that's what was up with him. 

  We were lying on her bed just talking about life and all that jazz. "So, I haven't seen Adrian all week, what about you?" Roxy asked and I sighed "I saw him, well I accidentally bumped into him he just looked at me and walked around me. I called after him, but he just ignored me. Then I text him to ask if I've like annoyed him and he read them and ignored me, so I told him to message me when he's ready to quit acting like an ass." I huffed still annoyed. Her eyes widened "really?" I nodded quite upset. "I mean did I do something wrong? Or did I piss him off I mean I've been thinking about it so hard and I honestly can't think of a thing I did wrong? I mean if he regrets kissing me, he sure didn't show it when he was all over me." I huffed again slapping my hands down onto the bed. "Ugh, this is infuriating. I just want to know what I've done so I can apologise, and we can go back to being friends!" I exclaimed. Roxy flicked me "just friends?" she teased causing me to glare at her "shut up." I muttered. She giggled.

I sat up "you know what. I'm going over there." I proclaimed as I got off the bed "w-what?" she asked wide-eyed "I am going over there to give him a piece of my mind." I huffed. Pulling my shoes on. I snatched up my jacket and flung it over my shoulder "Scarlett wait." I stopped turning to her "let me drive you." I nodded. We got there and got out of the car. I marched up to his front door and took a deep breath calming myself before I knocked.

The door opened and there stood a half-naked Adrian looking confused.

************

Ooo what's going to happen....

Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE