IRIS

"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be"

Episode: Nameless, Faceless (Season 5, Episode 1)

*               *               *

Bella felt Spencer's hands quickly leave hers as he slowly pulled away, picking up the ringing phone next to him. She trembled slightly, already missing the warmth that his hands brought to her skin. His touch was like the burning sun, warming her up and keeping her alive all at the same time.

   She opened her eyes slightly, disturbed by the phone call going on next to her. She listened in closely to Spencer speaking, his voice deep and raspy as he spoke into the phone. Bella sat up in bed, inching closer to Spencer and resting her chin on his shoulder.

   "Yeah," Spencer whispered into the phone. "Al-alright. We'll be right there." 

   "Again?" Bella groaned, flopping back down into the soft pillows as Spencer hung up the phone. "We just got back from that horrid pig farm 4 hours ago. Now we're being called back out?"

   "Guess so. A man was sent a letter from someone threatening to kill his son, promising to kill a person each day if the son was kept hidden. 2 people have died already, they were shot."

   Bella closed her eyes and rubbed her face as she felt Spencer slowly get out of bed. She rested her head against Spencer's pillows and opened her eyes, watching as Spencer quickly slipped on the pair of pants he discarded on the floor. He threw on a new shirt, grabbing two ties and holding them up. Bella pointed at the black one, Spencer grabbing a vest and quickly putting it on. 

   "Maybe this is for the best," Bella said, staring up at the ceiling as Spencer turned on the bathroom light and turned on the sink. "I was having a terrible dream anyway."

   "Do you want to talk about it?" Spencer asked, his words muffled by the sound of him brushing his teeth.

   Bella sat up and pulled herself out of bed, "It was George Foyet again. He had a gun and he was smiling. He wasn't chasing me or anything he was just...standing there. Ugh, I sound silly."

   "You don't sound silly," Spencer responded, spitting out the toothpaste in the sink. "To be fair, the last time you dreamt about George Foyet he returned."

   Pulling on a pair of socks, Bella rolled her eyes, "That was nothing more than a coincidence. An odd, slightly alarming, coincidence." She grabbed a light brown sweater from a nearby dresser. "Do you mind if I wear this?"

   "Not at all."

   Bella pulled on the sweater and her jeans, tucking some of the sweater into the jeans. She gathered her hair up into a ponytail and rubbed her eyes. Letting out a loud yawn, she grabbed her gun and credentials as Spencer's arms wrapped themselves around her waist as he buried his face into her shoulder.