MY EYES

"You better slow down baby soon"

Episode: Plain Sight (Season 1, Episode 4)

*               *               *

"The big 24!" Bella grinned as Spencer attempted to blow out the candles on his cake. She couldn't help but laugh as he tried over and over again, not realizing that they were trick candles.

   "I thought you were full of hot air, Reid," Elle teased, Spencer gradually getting more and more frustrated at the candles.

   "Come on, Reid!" Morgan cheered, his mouth turned up in a large U.

   The team laughed as Spencer continued to try to blow out the candles in his ridiculous birthday hat. JJ eventually gave up all hope, "They're trick candles, Spence. They're gonna come back on every time."

   Bella laughed at Spencer, quite baffled by the fact that the smartest guy on the team was so easily fooled by trick candles. He rolled his eyes at the team, annoyed by their childlike behavior. All he wanted was to enjoy his 24th birthday in peace. That didn't last long.

   "I hope you like chocolate," Bella said, picking out the candles from the cake.

   "Ugh!" Morgan exclaimed. "Reid, you got wax all over the cake!"

   Spencer apologized as Bella grinned, cutting into the cake she spent much time baking. Elle licked the buttercream frosting off of her fingers left from the candles.

   "You made this from scratch?" Elle questioned. "It's amazing, Bella."

   "Mhm, thank you," Bella confirmed, concentrated on cutting out the most perfect square piece of cake. "Baking and cooking have always been two things that help me calm down, it's actually quite soothing."

   "Well, you need to give me your recipes sometime."

   Bella smiled, flattered by the compliments, "Sure thing, Elle."

   She placed the piece of cake on a red paper plate, grabbing a plastic fork to go along with it. She handed it over to JJ and began to cut out more pieces of cake for the rest of the team.

   "Hey Spence!" JJ called out. "First piece for the birthday boy!"

   Spencer bashfully walked over and took the plate, "Thank you."

   "Why don't you feed it to him, JJ?" Morgan teased.

   Bella suppressed a laugh, shoving cake into her mouth. Her attention then shifted over to Hotch, his frown becoming even sadder at whatever he was hearing on the other end of his phone call. Bella put down the cake, preparing herself for the worst.

   "Sorry guys," Hotch said, setting his phone down. "The party's over. We have a case in San Diego."

   Morgan, Elle, and Spencer shoveled the last remaining bites of cake into their mouths. Bella stood up, wishing she could've peacefully finished her cake.