COOL KIDS

"Nothing in this world could ever bring them down

   "Nothing in this world could ever bring them down."

Episode: The Popular Kids (Season 1, Episode 10)

*                *               *

Today was the one day that Bella wished that she drank coffee. She willed herself to get past the bitter taste and enjoy it, but she could never do it. Even if it had an entire pound of sugar in it, she still preferred tea instead. A subtle smell of coffee gave her a migraine, she had trouble going into any café without scrunching her nose. But today she wished that she was the biggest coffee fan in the world, that way she could make conversation with Spencer by the coffee pot without seeming awkward. 

   She watched as him and Morgan bickered back and forth, Morgan eventually giving up on the conversation and walking away. Spencer's eyes looked heavy and drained, the bags underneath them didn't do him any favors either. He looked like he had been through hell and back. Bella wondered to herself what was keeping him up at night, this job definitely wasn't for the faint of heart but he had been doing it for years. 

   Spencer made Bella feel comfortable in her own skin. Her entire childhood and teenage years she faced countless bullies and people constantly hurt her. Bella finally felt like someone understood her and could relate to her. She wished that she was closer to him, but sadly she was too nervous to walk up and start a conversation randomly. 

   "Good morning Bella," Elle said, causing Bella to almost choke on the mint in her mouth. "Hotch wants everyone at the table, I think we have a new case."

   "Morning," Bella responded with a cough. "Sounds good! Not that having a new case is good but, you know, sounds good that we have to the table. Whatever, you get what I mean." 

   Elle snickered as Bella followed her into the conference room. JJ looked up from the case file once she saw the entire team had entered the room. 

   "We have a case here in Virginia," she stated, passing out the files. "2 bodies were discovered in the woods, both with apparent blunt trauma to the head. One was a skeleton and the other one was just killed this morning."

   "How do we know there's a connection?" Elle asked. 

   Hotch raised an eyebrow, "They were found 75 feet apart with nearly identical head wounds, they pretty much confirms that they're connected." 

   Morgan flipped opened up the file with a coffee still in his other hand, "Where's the rest of the case file?" 

   "There isn't one, the sheriffs are on the scene waiting for us," Hotch responded. "We need to hurry to the scene because there was some evidence that could cause a bit of a public uproar." 

   Bella looked closely at the images in the case file and bit the inside of her cheek. Inside the case file was a picture of a tree with red satanic carvings. The rest of the team cringed at the photo, the entire feel of the case switching entirely.