COME TOGETHER

"One thing I can tell you is you got to be free"

*               *               *

 A soft knock came from Bella's apartment door, as if a child was knocking. Bella furrowed her eyebrows and dusted off the flour on her hands onto her apron. She glanced over at the door in confusion, wondering if she just imagined the knock. After several seconds of silence, Bella shrugged and continued making pie crust. 

   She jumped lightly again at the sound of another knock, but this time it was much louder. She dusted her hands off again and looked down at her messy appearance. With a groan, she took off her apron and hung it up before making her way over to the door. She opened it and let out an audible gasp. 

   "BELLA MADELEINE SNOW!" the familiar voice of her friend, Gianna Stevens, yelled. She rushed into the apartment and gave the surprised blonde a hug.

   "Gianna!" Bella exclaimed, squeezing her friend in a tight hug. "You have no idea how much I missed you!" 

   A huff echoed from behind Gianna. Bella looked up to see the tall brunette she also hadn't seen in forever, Hyacinth Perkins. With a squeal, Bella moved on from hugging Gianna and wrapped Hyacinth in a warm embrace.

   "I'm guessing you missed me as well," Hyacinth smiled. "I missed you too, Bells." 

   Bella smiled widely and pulled away from the hug to look at her two best friends, "This isn't meant to sound rude or anything, but why are you guys here? And how? This is all so random and unexpected." 

   Gianna laughed, "I know, I know! We haven't seen each other in what, 6 months? It was time for us to become the three musketeers again!" 

   "To be fair," Hyacinth began as the three girls made their way over to the livingroom couch. "Our schedules haven't been the kindest to us. There's no way of hanging out with Gianna busy at college, me traveling through Europe and meeting hot Italian guys, and you AN FBI AGENT!"

   Bella scoffed and rolled her eyes, "Did you guys just come here to congratulate me on my new job?"

   Gianna smiled and pulled out a small gift wrapped in bright red wrapping paper. Bella laughed as Hyacinth grinned. She peeled off the wrapping paper to reveal a velvet necklace box. Inside revealed three necklaces, one bronze, one gold, and one silver. The bronze one had a star charm on it next to a ruby, the gold one had a sun charm next to a amethyst, and the silver one had a moon charm next to a peridot. 

   "They're beautiful!" Bella gasped.

   "The moon is for me," Hyacinth began. "Since I'm the dark and sarcastic one who enjoys the vampire hours of the day, the sun is for Gianna because of how warm she is and how she brings happiness to everyone, and the star is for you because even in the darkest moments you shine and you add beauty to the dullest moments. Then next to each charm are our birthstones."