WONDERWALL

"You're gonna be the one that saves me"

Episode: Aftermath (Season 2, Episode 5)

*               *               *

Bella jumped at the sudden thump of a pencil hitting her desk. Looking over, she saw Spencer sitting there with a mischievous grin. Bella smiled and rolled her eyes before throwing the pencil back at him. He dodged it, letting it hit the floor.

   "What do you want?" Bella laughed. 

   "Did you see that they're opening a new bookstore in downtown Quantico?" Spencer asked, his eyes lighting up in excitement. 

   Bella gasped, "Ooh, I didn't! How soon?"

   "I think next month, but I'm not too sure."

   "Perfect! Now I don't have to travel all the way to D.C. just to pick up some new books!"

   Gideon swung the door open from his office, quickly making his way down the stairs and grabbing a water from the fridge. He looked at the few members of his team and shook his head. 

   "Do any of you go home?" he asked. "Hotch and Morgan already took off."

   "Hotch is married," Spencer spoke up. "And Morgan is...you know...Morgan." 

   JJ smiled, holding some files close to her chest. Elle poured herself a cup of coffee and sat down at her desk, eyeing the files. JJ made quick eye contact with Gideon, seeing in his eyes that he was curious about whatever horror was inside of those manila folders. JJ opened them up, quickly laying out 5 photos of smiling college girls.

   "There's a serial rapist in Dayton, Ohio," JJ started. "3 months ago he raped 5 students at a small bible college. Roughly an attack a week and then he suddenly just disappeared, until 9 days ago when he suddenly reappeared with a whole new victim pattern. These new victims look to be about in their 30s and they were raped about 5 days apart. He was waiting for them when they got home and he leaves voice mails for them, they don't recognize the voice."

   Bella suddenly felt vomit at the back of her throat. Her head grew more and more dizzy with each word JJ said, it was as if the room was spinning. She closed her eyes in an attempt to stop hot tears from flooding out. The memories she had suppressed for 6 years were suddenly returning, and with a vengeance.

   Next to her, Elle shifted uncomfortably. The images of the Fisher King in her home was overwhelming. She could still feel the bullet rip through her flesh, burying itself within her body. She could still feel his hand reach inside of her wound and use her blood to write on the walls of her own home, where she was supposed to feel the most safe. 

   "Serial rapists hardly ever change victimology once it's established," Spencer said. "It's based on a fantasy that's very specific."

   "Maybe he's telling these women that no one is safe," Bella blurted out, her voice shaky. "Maybe he's trying to exert some form of male dominance."