HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE RAIN

"Sun is cold and rain is hard"

*               *               *

Bella bit her nails as Spencer bounced his leg anxiously. Both agents stared at the door in anticipation. They both felt like they could throw up at any moment, their stomachs swimming with nerves and excitement. It had felt as if they had been staring at the door for hours.

   They held their breath as the door swung open, Hotch walking in followed by JJ. Bella held back a gasp the minute she saw David Rossi following behind them. He looked over at the two agents and gave a quick nod, Bella raising her hand up and waving slowly. This had been the closest she had ever gotten to meeting a celebrity. She had spent her entire childhood reading his books, them helping inspire her to pursue a career in the FBI.

   "Team," Hotch said as he approached Spencer, Bella, Derek, and Emily. "This is Agent David Rossi, he's going to be joining the team. Dave, this is Agent Derek Morgan, Agent Emily Prentiss, Dr. Spencer Reid, and Dr. Bella Snow." 

   Without thinking, Bella sprang up from her chair and grabbed Rossi by the hand before giving him a firm handshake. She felt her cheeks burning from how hard she was smiling, Rossi looking at her like she was a lunatic.

   "Hello Mr. Rossi," Bella breathed. "I am a HUGE fan of your work, I spent my entire childhood reading your books! Wow, I can't believe I'm actually meeting you. My mom would be SO jealous. Sir, can I speak to you later about the Scarsdale Skinner? Psycho-linguistics is an incredibly dynamic field, I have a PhD in linguistics by the way but that's not important. But the fact that your profile of his reading habits ultimately lead to his capture is SO impressive and intriguing!"

   "Yes!" Spencer agreed. "I also am quite interested in how your interview with Ted Bundy went, I'd love to hear more about it. Was he charming in real life? Was he as intelligent as he made himself out to be?"

   "Guys," Hotch said. "Let him breathe, he's joining us on the next case. You can talk to him all you want on the plane."

   Bella and Spencer both smiled and nodding, both of them muttering a 'sorry'. Neither agent could believe that THE David Rossi was standing right in front of them. In a way, it was quite comforting to Spencer. David Rossi and Gideon has been the closest friends, so in a way it was like having Gideon back.

   Rossi grinned at both of the doctors, wondering if Hotch had taken it upon himself to employ hyper college kids. After meeting Penelope, he wondered if anyone else on the team acted as bubbly as her. Meeting Bella and Spencer didn't come as much of a surprise.

   "We have a cold case in Townsend, Georgia," JJ said. "20 years ago a 15-year-old girl, Heidi Carrington, was beaten to death after a high school homecoming party. She was found stripped naked with a belt tied around her throat, the words 'WHORE' and 'IMPOSTER' branded onto her stomach, a bag over her head with purple eyeshadow and red lipstick on it, and she was next to a tree with the letters 'KIBPMHJWTN' carved into it."