A DAY IN THE LIFE

"And though the news was rather sad well, I just had to laugh"

*               *               *

Bella's heels clicked as she walked through the halls of the FBI Academy. She kept her eyes forward, ignoring the multiple agents who stopped and did a double take at her. Of course she would be called in while she was on a date, her lips painted red and a tight dress squeezing her. The heels that added an extra 2 inches to her height were starting to hurt her feet. She couldn't wait to change into the sneakers she had under her desk.

   She pushed open the doors to the BAU and sighed, preparing herself for the horrific images she was about to see. JJ stood outside the the door to the conference room with a smile, Bella rolling her eyes in return.

   "Did we interrupt something important?" JJ chuckled.

   "I was on a date, my friend set me up with a photographer she met," Bella responded, JJ raising her eyebrows in return. "But I'm honestly glad that I was called in, it was going terribly."

   "I'm guessing there won't be a second date."

   "You guess right."

   JJ laughed and handed Bella a case file, opening the door up for her and letting her into the room. Bella walked in, taking in the sight of the entire team. They all looked exhausted, Emily looking like she was drinking before they were called in. Derek whistled as Bella sat down next to him.

   "Look at you, look at you," Derek teased. "You should dress like that more often, Snow, the unsubs might turn themselves in just to catch a glimpse of you."

   "Oh shut it," Bella responded, punching Derek lightly in the arm. Spencer frowned, narrowing his eyes at Derek. 

   JJ walked to the front of the room, pulling up photos of two dead teenage girls. The team all opened their files and began to skim over the case.

   "In the small town of Granville, Ohio, two seventeen-year-old girls were found dead on a nearby hiking trail, Aubrey Wagner and Sylvie Waters," JJ started. "They were both stabbed multiple times in the chest and their bodies were dragged near the woods. They were both seniors in high school this year and their parents said that they've been best friends since kindergarten."

   "They were raped?" Emily asked in disgust.

   JJ nodded, "Yes, both of them. There were also ligature marks on both of their hands and their feet."

    Gideon looked over the photos, "It's hard to control two people when there is only one of you, the unsub might have threatened them both with the knife and tied them up. Then raped and killed them one by one."

   Bella looked over at Spencer, watching as his eyes raked over the file and the photos. His eyes looked darker than usual and his face looked more hollow. It was as if he hadn't been eating or sleeping for days. Bella couldn't blame him though, after everything he went through it was understandable that he wasn't sleeping well at night.