I CAN'T HANDLE CHANGE

"Nothing I do is ever good enough"

Episode: Normal (Season 4, Episode 11)

*               *               *

Oftentimes, Spencer would find himself staring at Bella without even realizing it. He would quickly snap out of it, realizing that he had been staring at her ivy colored eyes for way too long. He knew that he had an eidetic memory. He knew that he was able to recall everything about Bella. He knew all of the lines on her palm and the freckles on her nose by heart. But something about her eyes was remarkable. No matter how much he stared, and no matter how long he stared, there was always something new he would find breathtakingly beautiful about them.

He stirred his bitter cup of coffee and rested his head on his palm, looking over at the exquisite blonde. There was absolutely no getting tired of looking at her. He watched as she flipped her hair behind her shoulder before standing up, grabbing a stack of paperwork, and making her way towards Penelope's office.

Spencer felt himself grin as he looked down at the paperwork in front of him, willing himself to just pick up his pen and begin to fill it out. He found himself distracted quite easily lately, always wandering over to Bella's desk and talking to her for hours. The team had begun to notice how much closer Bella and Spencer were getting.

It was hard to keep anything a secret when working with behavior analysts and experts at reading body language. Emily had started to raise her eyebrows a few days prior as she was leaving work, she had witnessed Spencer tuck a piece of hair behind Bella's ear before kissing her hand and disappearing onto the elevator. Bella had turned around with a bright grin before dropping it and clearing her throat once she saw Emily. The two women nodded at each other, saying goodnight, and pretending that nothing had happened.

Derek looked over at his young co-worker before taking a look around, making sure that none of their team was around them. Once seeing that the coast was clear, he rolled his chair over to Spencer's desk. Spencer looked up, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion at the sudden appearance of Derek Morgan at his desk.

"Uh...can I help you with something?" Spencer questioned, backing up in his chair.

Derek shook his head, "Oh, nothing. Just checking in with you, kid. You've been distracted lately."

Spencer swallowed roughly and shifted in his chair, "H-have I? Weird. I guess I just haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately."

With a nod, Derek gave Spencer a small grin. He reached over, grabbing the young doctor by the shoulder and giving him a shake. He crossed his arms as Spencer stared at him, his face etched with confusion.

"I'm going to be honest with you, kid," Derek began. "I'm your friend...but I'm also a profiler. I also...am an observer."

"W-what are you talking about?" Spencer asked, stumbling over his words.